Monday, February 22, 2021

Cat Stevens - BBC Sessions, Volume 3: In Concert, London, Britain, 11-27-1971

In a recent blog post, I said I've been digging deep into BBC material and I plan on posting a lot of that soon. Some musical acts have official BBC collections that are well done and complete, but others are flawed and/or incomplete, and a surprising number still don't have such an official collection at all. I think that's a really big share for music from the 1960s and early 1970s because there wasn't a lot of music being saved back then aside from the released albums and singles. Yet BBC recordings generally have excellent sound quality, and often contain unique songs that otherwise would have been lost forever.

Here's something that isn't revelatory in terms of unique material, but is a lovely album to have just the same if you're a Cat Stevens fan. In fact, in terms of live music from his early 1970s time, I'd say this is the best of the best due to the sheer sound quality. It's also fairly long compared to other live recordings from that time, and has lots of entertaining banter between songs. It's also acoustic, which makes it somewhat different than his semi-acoustic records of that time.

There's not much else to say. The recording is so well done that I didn't have to make any changes. It's 54 minutes long.

UPDATE: On February 14, 2022, I made a minor update. I didn't add or remove any songs. However, since I have two BBC albums that chronologically come before this one, I added "Volume 3" to the title and the cover art.

01 Where Do the Children Play (Cat Stevens)
02 talk (Cat Stevens)
03 Longer Boats (Cat Stevens)
04 talk (Cat Stevens)
05 Sad Lisa (Cat Stevens)
06 Hard Headed Woman (Cat Stevens)
07 talk (Cat Stevens)
08 Tuesday's Dead (Cat Stevens)
09 Moonshadow (Cat Stevens)
10 talk (Cat Stevens)
11 Wild World (Cat Stevens)
12 talk (Cat Stevens)
13 How Can I Tell You (Cat Stevens)
14 talk (Cat Stevens)
15 Maybe You're Right (Cat Stevens)
16 talk (Cat Stevens)
17 I Love My Dog (Cat Stevens)
18 talk (Cat Stevens)
19 Bitterblue (Cat Stevens)
20 talk (Cat Stevens)
21 Changes IV (Cat Stevens)
22 talk (Cat Stevens)
23 Into White (Cat Stevens)
24 talk (Cat Stevens)
25 Father and Son (Cat Stevens)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15430763/CatSvns_1971e_BBSessionsVolum3InConcrtLondnBrtain__11-27-1971_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I took a screenshot from the BBC video. The text at the top is also exactly from the video. I added the text at the bottom in the same style.

Note though that since I first posted this, I've gone on to post Volumes 4 and 5 in this series, and all the others in the series use the same font color and type. So I've created an alternate cover, for those who want the same look to all the volumes in the series. The same screenshot is used in both versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment