"Brinsley Schwarz" is both the name of a band and one of the band members. But, much like "Manfred Mann," it's a bit odd the band was named after him, because he wasn't the most important person in the band. He was a guitarist and did some songwriting and vocals, but most of the songwriting and lead vocals were done by Lowe. Brinsley Schwarz were one of the top "pub rock" bands in Britain in the 1970s, but that genre remained obscure outside of Britain, and they never had a hit anywhere, so they're remained pretty obscure until today. (They did record the first versions of the Nick Lowe originals "Cruel to Be Kind" and "(What's So Funny 'bout) Peace, Love and Understanding" though.)
If you like Lowe's earlier rocking style though, this is basically more of the same thing, and it's just as good. On their studio albums, they mostly did originals. These stray tracks, however, are nearly all cover versions. But that's fine, because they had a knack for picking good obscure material and making it their own. Most of this comes from officially released BBC recordings, or a 1972 concert that also was officially released (but I've stripped away the crowd noise). So the sound quality is excellent throughout.
I'm planning on posting one more stray tracks album collection covering the rest of the band's career. Then I plan on moving into posting Lowe solo and Rockpile stuff.
01. She's Got to Be Real (Brinsley Schwarz)
02. Having a Party (Brinsley Schwarz)
03. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me (Brinsley Schwarz)
04. Homework (Brinsley Schwarz)
05. Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad (Brinsley Schwarz)
06. Midnight Train (Brinsley Schwarz)
07. It's Just My Way of Saying Thank You (Brinsley Schwarz)
08. Wonder Woman (Brinsley Schwarz)
09. I'm Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind (Brinsley Schwarz)
10. Run Rudolph Run (Brinsley Schwarz)
11. Hypocrite (Brinsley Schwarz)
12. You Got Me Hummin' (Brinsley Schwarz)
13. Mama Told Me Not to Come (Brinsley Schwarz)
For the album cover, I used the cover of a Brinsley Schwarz bootleg, then changed the text.