Saturday, March 9, 2019

Belle & Sebastian - Heaven in the Afternoon - Non-Album Tracks (2006-2010)

This is the seventh Belle and Sebastian stray tracks album I've posted. I have one more to post after this. Oh, and band leader Stuart Murdoch had a side project called God Help the Girl in 2009 and 2010. I've got an album coming that's just the stray tracks from that.

So clearly, this is a group where almost half of their recorded output hasn't come out on album. And, as usual with this album, I think their non-album stuff is consistently good.

As I've done with past albums by them, I'm including the best songs from solo projects. This time around, that's six of the 14 songs, mostly by either Isobel Campbell or Murdoch. Most of the non-solo stuff are B-sides or bonus tracks connected to the Belle and Sebastian albums released in 2006 and 2010.

UPDATE: On February 4, 2021, I updated the mp3 download file. I found one song I'd missed, a cover of the Badfinger hit "No Matter What," from an unreleased radio station appearance.

01 Heaven in the Afternoon (Belle & Sebastian)
02 Long Black Scarf (Belle & Sebastian)
03 I Took a Long Hard Look (Belle & Sebastian)
04 Are You Going to Leave Me (Isobel Campbell)
05 No Matter What (Belle & Sebastian)
06 Cassaco Marron (Belle & Sebastian)
07 Are You Coming Over for Christmas (Belle & Sebastian)
08 Eyes of Love (Future Pilot AKA with Stuart Murdoch & Sarah Martin)
09 Florence's Sad Song (Stuart Murdoch)
10 Another Saturday [Wild Mountain Thyme] (Stuart Murdoch)
11 Suicide Girl (Belle & Sebastian)
12 Last Trip (Belle & Sebastian)
13 Sunrise (Isobel Campbell)
14 Blue Eyes of a Millionaire (Belle & Sebastian)
15 Fly (Stuart Murdoch)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15832824/BellenS_2006-2010_HeavnintheAfternoon_atse.zip.html

The cover art comes from a 2015 concert poster. Unfortunately, as usual, such posters are rectangular and album covers are square. So I squished things vertically below the woman's waist to make it fit. I also removed some text at the bottom and added in the album title.

No comments:

Post a Comment