Monday, March 18, 2019

Paul Weller - The Piper - Non-Album Tracks (2012-2013)

I'm doggedly determined to finish off posting all the stray tracks albums from Paul Weller. This is the 18th of the series, not counting four of his work with the Jam, with two more to go. If you've been following these posts, I generally have been posting two kinds of albums from him: the normal non-album tracks and the all-acoustic kind. This is another album of the former.

This follows the pattern of other such albums. It's got some revivals of songs by the Jam ("Running on the Spot" and "My Ever Changing Moods") some cover versions ("Riverman," "Birthday," and "Shame, Shame, Shame"), and collaborations ("Something Soon" and "Shame, Shame, Shame" again). But it has a higher percentage of exclusive original songs, and they're a pretty good bunch. Three of the songs actually are A-sides to singles (as well as a bunch of B-sides). So if you're a fan of Weller's music at all, you should enjoy this.

This album is 40 minutes long.

UPDATE: On October 31, 2022, I updated the mp3 download file. I added two songs I'd previously missed: "Be Happy Children" and "Shame, Shame, Shame." I also moved two songs, "My Ever Changing Moods" and "Birthday," to here from the previous stray tracks album in this series, "Devotion." But to make room for all those songs, I moved five other songs to the next album in this series, "Open Road." Those songs are: "Start," Brand New Toy," "I Take What I Want," "Things Get Better," and "Landslide."

01 Portal to the Past (Paul Weller)
02 Something Soon (Paul Weller & the Moons)
03 Running on the Spot (Paul Weller)
04 The Piper (Paul Weller)
05 We Got a Lot (Paul Weller)
06 Riverman (Paul Weller)
07 Birthday (Paul Weller)
08 My Ever Changing Moods (Paul Weller)
09 Be Happy Children [Demo] (Paul Weller)
10 Flame-Out (Paul Weller)
11 The Olde Original (Paul Weller)
12 Shame, Shame, Shame (Ronnie Wood with Paul Weller & Mick Taylor)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15849570/PaulW_2012-2013_ThePipr_atse.zip.html

I made the cover art from a photo of Weller on the cover of Q magazine from 2012.

1 comment: