One other reason I posted this is because it turns out that it was the opening act for a Bonnie Raitt concert I posted at this blog ages ago. You can find that here:
https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2019/09/bonnie-raitt-sprague-hall-yale.html
Given that Muldaur was the opening act, it now makes sense that she joined Raitt for the last three songs in Raitt's set. I have the impression that Muldaur and Raitt are friends, and their musical paths have crossed many times over the years. Also note that she was backed by two musicians, with David Nichtern on guitar and Freebo on bass. I believe Freedo played bass in Raitt's set as well.
This concert took place near the very start of Muldaur's solo career. She had been a professional singer since the early 1960s, mostly as part of Jim Kweiskin and the Jug Band. Then she married Geoff Muldaur in 1969, and put out two albums with him. However, they got divorced in 1972, around the time their second album came out. So Maria launched her solo career with some touring in late 1972, then released her first solo album in 1973. That would contain the big hit "Midnight at the Oasis." At this time, she must have been relatively unknown.
This album is 49 minutes long.
01 talk (Maria Muldaur)
02 Me and My Chauffeur Blues (Maria Muldaur)
03 talk (Maria Muldaur)
04 Richland Woman Blues (Maria Muldaur)
05 talk (Maria Muldaur)
06 Earl's Crab Shack (Maria Muldaur)
07 talk (Maria Muldaur)
08 Lover Man [Oh, Where Can You Be] (Maria Muldaur)
09 talk (Maria Muldaur)
10 My Blues (Maria Muldaur)
11 talk (Maria Muldaur)
12 When I Was a Cowboy (Maria Muldaur)
13 talk (Maria Muldaur)
14 I Never Did Sing You a Love Song (Maria Muldaur)
15 talk (Maria Muldaur)
16 The Day Is Past and Gone (Maria Muldaur)
17 talk (Maria Muldaur)
18 Nobody's Fault but Mine (Maria Muldaur)
19 talk (Maria Muldaur)
20 Honey Babe Blues (Maria Muldaur)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/RgxDcdPW
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/kAGz63H1ZAJegiu/file
The cover image is from an unknown concert in 1974. For the cover at the top, I decided to try something I've never done in Photoshop before, which is having that program turn a daytime photo into a nighttime one. This is because I figure this concert must have taken place at night, since this was the opening act of the late show. But in case you don't like that effect, or just want to stick with the original, here's the daytime version as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment