Sunday, August 30, 2026

Earthquake Relief Benefit, Henry J. Kaiser Auditorium, Oakland, CA, 11-26-1989, Part 10 - John Fogerty

Here's Part 10 of the 1989 Earthquake Relief Benefit concert in Oakland, California. This is a set by John Fogerty. This is the final album from this concert. But there's one more album I plan on posting relating to these concerts.

It's starting to get uncanny, because here we have another case of a career revival of a musical act popular in the late 1960s and/or early 1970s. I wonder if promoter Bill Graham planned the musical acts for this Oakland concert deliberately. In any case, John Fogerty was the singer-songwriter behind Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR). But that band broke up in 1972, and he didn't release any solo albums between 1975 and 1985. But he came back strong with "Centerfield" in 1985 and "Eye of the Zombie" in 1986. "Centerfield" in particular was a critical and commercial smash, reaching Number One in the U.S. album chart.

Fogerty's set mostly consisted of classic CCR hits. But he included two hits from "Centerfield," "Rock and Roll Girls" and "Centerfield."

By the way, note that I have no proof of the order of acts at this Oakland concert. I just used logic to make educated guesses. For instance, I think it's pretty obvious that Bonnie Raitt and John Fogerty would have been the two biggest acts, so they would have gone last. I don't know which one of those would have closed the show. Raitt's latest album was the bigger hit at the time. However, Fogerty had all those timeless CCR hits, so I would have put him on last if I was the one planning the concert.

This album is 35 minutes long. 

01 talk (John Fogerty)
02 Born on the Bayou (John Fogerty)
03 talk (John Fogerty)
04 Green River (John Fogerty)
05 talk (John Fogerty)
06 Down on the Corner (John Fogerty)
07 talk (John Fogerty)
08 Lookin' Out My Back Door (John Fogerty)
09 Rock and Roll Girls (John Fogerty)
10 Centerfield (John Fogerty)
11 Midnight Special (John Fogerty)
12 Fortunate Son (John Fogerty)
13 Bad Moon Rising (John Fogerty)
14 talk (John Fogerty)
15 Proud Mary (John Fogerty)
16 talk (John Fogerty)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/EEQwgyA7

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/bia4PsNa6LNkBRS/file

The cover image is a screenshot I took from a video of this exact concert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment