I want to make a general point that many of the musical acts in the Earthquake Benefit Concerts were popular in the late 1960s and/or early 1970s, and went in commercial decline after that. But these concerts gave them at least one more last hurrah on a big stage. I'm sure this had a lot to do with the fact that the promoter of these benefit concerts, Bill Graham, was most active as a promoter in the San Francisco Bay Area in that same earlier time period.
Dan Hicks is a good example of this. He was the leader of the band Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks from 1967 to 1973. After that, he kept a low musical profile until he had a minor comeback in the late 1980s.
Here's his Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Hicks_(singer)
This is a pretty short set, but it appears to be the entire thing.
This album is 18 minutes long. The music is unreleased, like all the other music from these benefit concerts.
01 talk by emcee (Dan Hicks)
02 Up, Up, Up (Dan Hicks)
03 The Buzzard Was Their Friend (Dan Hicks)
04 talk (Dan Hicks)
05 I Scare Myself (Dan Hicks)
06 talk (Dan Hicks)
07 Long Come a Viper (Dan Hicks)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/iQXyR5Sq
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/ONvCumaav2qTa4t/file
The cover image is a screenshot I took of a video from this exact concert.

No comments:
Post a Comment