Writing these write-ups, it's uncanny how many of the musical acts in this concert had early success in the 1960s and/or 1970s and then went through hard times in the 1980s. That was definitely the case for Etta James. Most of the 1980s was a lost decade for her musically, largely due to drug addiction and alcoholism problems. But she managed a comeback in 1988 with her album "Seven Year Itch." The title refers to the fact that she didn't even have a record contract for seven years. But the album was a critical success, and got a Grammy nomination.
Two of the songs here are from the "Seven Year Itch" album: "Breaking Up Somebody's Home" and "Come to Mama." The rest are older classics.
This album is 36 minutes long.
01 Love and Happiness (Etta James)
02 Breaking Up Somebody's Home (Etta James)
03 talk (Etta James)
04 I'd Rather Go Blind (Etta James)
05 Come to Mama (Etta James)
06 talk (Etta James)
07 At Last - Trust in Me (Etta James)
08 Sunday Kind of Love (Etta James)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/GDXzUdaL
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/09INBwivqSSBZUG/file
For the vast majority of musical acts in this concert, I was able to find video footage so I could take screenshots for the cover art. But that wasn't the case for Etta James. So for this cover, I used a screenshot I took of a concert she did for the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1989.

No comments:
Post a Comment