Thursday, August 6, 2026

Blondie - Paradise Ballroom, Boston, MA, 11-4-1978

Here's an excellent concert by Blondie. I've posted a couple of Blondie concerts, but I've been wanting to post another from earlier in their career. (The earliest one I've posted is from late 1979.) 

This is arguably when they were at their peak. Their most acclaimed album is "Parallel Lines," released in September 1978. So this was part of the tour to promote that album. "Parallel Lines" has been widely acclaimed as one of the best albums of all time. For instance, Rolling Stone has put it in their list of the top 500 albums of all time, at No. 146 in their most recent list (as of 2020). NME magazine has gone even higher, putting it at 45 on their list of the top 500 albums of all time.

I believe this comes from an FM radio broadcast, so the sound quality is excellent. One problem though was that the lead vocals were too low in the mix. So I fixed that with the use of the MVSEP audio editing program.

This concert is unreleased.  

This album is an hour and three minutes long. 

01 talk by emcee (Blondie)
02 In the Sun (Blondie)
03 talk (Blondie)
04 X Offender (Blondie)
05 Hanging on the Telephone (Blondie)
06 Detroit 442 (Blondie)
07 talk (Blondie)
08 Fan Mail (Blondie)
09 Picture this (Blondie)
10 11-59 (Blondie)
11 talk (Blondie)
12 Pretty Baby (Blondie)
13 [I'm Always Touched by Your] Presence Dear (Blondie)
14 Sunday Girl (Blondie)
15 Denis (Blondie)
16 I'm on E (Blondie)
17 talk (Blondie)
18 Will Anything Happen (Blondie)
19 Fade Away and Radiate (Blondie)
20 One Way or Another (Blondie)
21 Youth Nabbed as Sniper (Blondie)
22 Heart of Glass (Blondie)
23 Bang a Gong [Get It On] (Blondie)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/Mt5DT2Zj

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/en/ar8JfnqyIlfQqxy/file 

The cover image of Debbie Harry is from this exact venue, in this year. Unfortunately, the date is wrong, as it's from a concert there in May. But still, I wanted to choose it due to it at least being the right venue, despite the fact you can't see anything distinctive in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment