Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Oasis - Half the World Away - Non-Album Tracks (1994)

I've got a lot of Oasis material to post, especially acoustic stuff. But first, I want to chronologically go through their non-acoustic stray tracks. So here we go.

From about 1993 to 1996, Oasis was awesome. They put out their two best albums in my opinion, "Definitely Maybe" and "(What's the Story) Morning Glory." But seemingly everything they did during that time was golden. Unfortunately, they frittered away all sorts of really good songs as B-sides. Many of the best of these were later collected in the compilation "The Masterplan." However, in my opinion, that collection was incomplete. It was only one album's worth of songs when Oasis had two album's worth of high quality B-sides in that time period. So I've made those two albums.

Personally, if I were to pick the four best Oasis albums, it would be the two studio albums they did in that time period, plus the two stray tracks collections here. And I say that even though I like a lot of their later stuff. That's how strong their material was at that time.

All the songs here are B-sides, except for one A-side and one bonus track. Plus, the last song, "Talk Tonight," is kind of a bonus track in that it's a live acoustic version sung with Paul Weller. I'm including the studio version on the other stray tracks collection I'll be posting after this.

I think these songs would have made for a very strong album. The first song was even a major hit in Britain. The album length is 48 minutes, which would have been ideal for a real album.

01 Whatever (Oasis)
02 Fade Away (Oasis)
03 Listen Up (Oasis)
04 I Am the Walrus [Live] (Oasis)
05 D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman (Oasis)
06 [It's Good] To Be Free (Oasis)
07 Half the World Away (Oasis)
08 Sad Song (Oasis)
09 Take Me Away (Oasis)
10 Talk Tonight (Oasis with Paul Weller)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15259189/Osis_1994_HalfWrldAway_atse.zip.html

For the cover art, I used a photo of the band from 1994. I'm not sure if they really were in blue light with a red background or someone manipulated that, but I like how it looks. All I did was add the text at the top.

1 comment: