I've previously posted five albums of music coming from a Walden Woods Benefit concert held in 1993. And before I say more, I just want to note that when I first posted those albums in early 2024, I couldn't find any photos from the concert, so I used an artistic logo from the concert for all five covers. I was never happy with that. But when I was putting this album together, I did another search and found proper photos for those. So I suggest you search this blog for "Walden Woods" and "1993" to redownload those, if you want better cover art.
Anyway, in 1990, Don Henley of the Eagles helped start the Walden Woods Project, a non-profit dedicated to preserving the land around Walden Pond near Concord, Massachusetts, which became well known due to the writings of Henry David Thoreau. The main idea was to buy up the land around Walden Pond and put it into a conservancy so the nature of the area would be preserved. It was important to get a lot of money for this effort quickly, before property developers bought up the land instead. To that end, Henley organized a series of benefit concerts. There were two in 1990 and two more in 1991. Then there was this one in 1992, and the one I posted from 1993. There have been still more after that, in 1997, 1998, 2007, and 2017. Eventually, about $22 million was raised, from these concerts and other means, and hundreds of acres were bought and preserved.
That's all great. But, unfortunately, when it comes to the music, I only know of bootlegs from this one, plus the 1993 one I've already posted. And this one is incomplete. There actually were two concerts in the same venue, one on March 31, 1992. That one had a country theme. The artists that night were Clint Black, Mark Chesnutt, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Trisha Yearwood, and Don Henley. Then, for this night, in additions to the acts presented here, Henley played again. But for whatever reason, we don't have his set, which probably was the final act.
The recording I found is an audience bootleg. It's a pretty good one, but still, it suffers some flaws. The main flaw, though, has been fixed. There was a lot of crowd noise all the way through it. But I ran all the songs through the MVSEP program, specifically its de-crowd filter. I only kept the cheering at the ends of songs, and also whenever there were big surges of cheering during sounds. But I lowered the volume a lot on those surges. The result, in my opinion, sounds very close to soundboard quality.
By the way, if anyone else has any of the other Walden Woods Benefit concerts, please share them with me so I can share them here. It sounds like a lot of good music was performed. You can see the setlists to some (but not all) of the concerts here:
https://www.setlist.fm/festivals/concert-for-walden-woods-6bd69e26.html
This is an hour and 54 minutes long.
01 Vincent of Jersey (Big Head Todd & the Monsters)
02 Broken Hearted Savior (Big Head Todd & the Monsters)
03 Moose Song (Big Head Todd & the Monsters)
04 Unknown Legend (Neil Young)
05 From Hank to Hendrix (Neil Young)
06 talk (Neil Young)
07 Old King (Neil Young)
08 Such a Woman (Neil Young)
09 talk (Neil Young)
10 Dreamin' Man (Neil Young)
11 talk (Neil Young)
12 Natural Beauty (Neil Young)
13 After the Gold Rush (Neil Young)
14 Born on the Bayou (John Fogerty)
15 The Old Man Down the Road (John Fogerty)
16 talk (John Fogerty)
17 Centerfield (John Fogerty)
18 I Heard It through the Grapevine (John Fogerty)
19 talk (John Fogerty)
20 Bad Moon Rising (John Fogerty)
21 talk (John Fogerty)
22 Proud Mary (John Fogerty)
23 talk (John Fogerty)
24 Fortunate Son (John Fogerty)
25 In the Flesh (Roger Waters)
26 The Happiest Days of Our Lives (Roger Waters)
27 Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2 (Roger Waters)
28 Mother (Roger Waters)
29 Comfortably Numb (Roger Waters & Don Henley)
I'm still having some trouble with Pixeldrain today. Look for a link from them soon.
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/yu1JbGtNP7nIGZv/file
I couldn't find any photos whatsoever from this concert. But I did find the cover of the program for this concert, so I used that. It shows a map of the Walden Woods area, plus a little portrait of Henry David Thoreau at the bottom. I added the text below that. I also squished the rectangular map vertically so it could fit into a square space.

Obrigado!
ReplyDelete