Monday, September 28, 2026

Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 8-2-2008 - She & Him

Here's another album from the 2008 Newport Folk Festival. This time, it's a set by the musical duo She and Him.

She & Him is an American musical duo consisting of Zooey Deschanel on vocals, piano, and ukulele, and M. Ward on guitar. They got a lot of attention starting with their debut album in 2008, because Deschanel was already an established movie star. But unlike a lot of movie stars putting out albums, this wasn't just a vanity side project. The duo has gotten consistent critical praise, and as I write this in 2026, they have been together for seven studio albums so far.

Here is their Wikipedia entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She_%26_Him 

Most of the songs performed here were originals, with the covers "You've Really Got a Hold on Me" and "The Garden Rose." Jim James, lead singer for My Morning Jacket, joined them for one song, "Magic Trick." 

Halfway through the set, the crowd was hit by a heavy rainstorm. But the concert continued anyway. This got referenced some in the banter between songs. 

This album is 51 minutes long. 

01 talk by emcee (She & Him)
02 talk (She & Him)
03 Black Hole (She & Him)
04 I Was Made for You (She & Him)
05 talk (She & Him)
06 Change Is Hard (She & Him)
07 Sentimental Heart (She & Him)
08 talk (She & Him)
09 You Really Got a Hold on Me (She & Him)
10 Take It Back (She & Him)
11 talk (She & Him)
12 The Garden Rose (She & Him)
13 talk (She & Him)
14 Lingering Still (She & Him)
15 Got Me (She & Him)
16 I Thought I Saw Your Face Today (She & Him)
17 Why Do You Let Me Stay Here (She & Him)
18 talk (She & Him)
19 Magic Trick (She & Him with Jim James)
20 talk (She & Him)
21 This Is Not a Test (She & Him)
22 talk (She & Him)
23 Sweet Darlin' (She & Him)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/Ehy36Ex2

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/en/QfiVg4Ig8lkpwDi/file

The cover image is from this exact concert. I wanted to use a photo showing both the "She" and the "Him," but I only found a few with Zooey Deschanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment