Saturday, September 26, 2026

Jesse Colin Young - Live at the Record Plant, Record Plant, Sausalito, CA, 7-27-1975

I was planning on posting a newly discovered Youngbloods concert bootleg from the Bob Matthews collection today. However, when I put that in my Youngbloods folder, I noticed this one there, which I thought I'd posted a while back. So I'll post this one first and hopefully get to the Youngbloods one tomorrow. This is Jesse Colin Young, the lead singer and main songwriter for the Youngbloods, performing for the Live at the Record Plant radio show in 1975.

The Youngbloods broke up in 1972. Jesse Colin Young then had a fairly successful solo career for the rest of the 1970s. For instance, "Songbird," the 1975 album he was on tour to support when this concert took place, made it to Number 26 in the U.S. albums chart. 

With his song selection, Young leaned heavily on songs from that album plus his two prior solo studio albums. He avoided the better known Youngbloods songs, only playing one song first done by that band, "Sugar Babe."

It's been a while since I edited this album. But if I recall, there was some hiss, which I got rid of using the MVSEP program. 

This music remains unreleased. The sound quality is close to excellent. 

This album is 54 minutes long.

01 Sugar Babe (Jesse Colin Young)
02 Songbird (Jesse Colin Young)
03 Motorhome (Jesse Colin Young)
04 Song for Juli (Jesse Colin Young)
05 Miss Hesitation - Hesitation Blues (Jesse Colin Young)
06 Mornin' Sun (Jesse Colin Young)
07 Before You Came (Jesse Colin Young)
08 Ridgetop (Jesse Colin Young)
09 Lafayette Waltz - Jambalaya [On the Bayou] (Jesse Colin Young)
10 Let Your Light Shine (Jesse Colin Young)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/j2Z5WgFj

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/kBr6zuaM0MWn0GY/file

The cover image shows Young performing at the Greek Theatre, in Berkeley, California, on August 16, 1975. 

No comments:

Post a Comment