I've described in other write-ups how, when I posted most of the music from this festival in 2023, I didn't post a few of the sets due to poor sound quality. This is one of those sets, along with ones from Donovan and Richie Havens. But as I write this three years later, audio editing technology improved enough for me to hopefully clean these up enough to make them worth listening.
For whatever reason, out of the three, this Baez one probably sounds the best. Most of it comes from an audience bootleg. But a couple of the songs come from other sources which are a lot better, for instance "Let It Be." Perhaps the crowd was quieter, since it was late at night by this time. Also, there don't seem to be as many airplanes flying overhead as during the Donovan set, which took place in the middle in the day. Still one more lucky thing is that the taper recorded most of the banter between songs, when virtually none of that was recorded for the Donovan and Richie Havens sets.
I ran this music through various audio editing filters, the same ones I described in my write-up for the Donovan album. So that helped. But still, beware. One can only do so much with problematic source material. This sounds okay now, but it still sounds worse than most of the other music from this festival.
This album is an hour and two minutes long.
105 Love Is Just a Four-Letter Word (Joan Baez)
106 talk (Joan Baez)
107 Let It Be (Joan Baez)
108 Joe Hill (Joan Baez)
109 talk (Joan Baez)
110 The Brand New Tennessee Waltz (Joan Baez)
111 talk (Joan Baez)
112 The Hitchhikers' Song (Joan Baez)
113 The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down [Edit] (Joan Baez)
114 Farewell, Angelina (Joan Baez)
115 talk (Joan Baez)
116 Oh Happy Day (Joan Baez)
117 Blowin' in the Wind (Joan Baez)
118 Gracias a la Vida (Joan Baez)
119 Te Ador (Joan Baez)
120 talk (Joan Baez)
121 C'era Un Ragazzo Che Come Me Amava [Edit] (Joan Baez)
122 Suzanne (Joan Baez)
123 talk (Joan Baez)
124 Sweet Sir Galahad (Joan Baez)
125 I Shall Be Released (Joan Baez)
126 talk (Joan Baez)
127 Ghetto (Joan Baez)
128 Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (Joan Baez)
129 We Want Our Freedom Now (Joan Baez)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/1yVdU8uM
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/gcsqbaMnrHKowJv/file
The cover image is from this exact concert.

No comments:
Post a Comment