Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Rosanne Cash - Crawl into the Promised Land - Non-Album Tracks (2019-2024)

I've posted a lot of Rosanne Cash stray tracks albums in recent years. I believe I've posted nine before this one. Finally, I get caught up to the present day.

All but three of the songs here have been officially released in one way or another. Three songs, "We’re All in This Together Now," "Crawl into the Promised Land," and "The Killing Fields," were A-sides of singles not connected to any Rosanne Cash albums. "Time" is from a Tom Waits tribute album. "I've Got a Crush on You" is from a George Gershwin album. "I Am a Pilgrim" is from a Doc Watson tribute album. "Loving Her Was Easier" is from a Willie Nelson live album.

Cash has been married to John Leventhal since 1995. Leventhal is mostly a producer and back-up musician, but in early 2024, he released a rare solo album. The final two songs here are from that.

That just leaves the three unreleased songs: "Tryin' to Get Home," "Farewell Angelina," and "Crescent City." They're all from concert bootlegs. But the sound is generally close to the studio stuff.

This album is 44 minutes long.

01 Time (Rosanne Cash)
02 We’re All in This Together Now (John Paul White & Rosanne Cash)
03 Tryin' to Get Home (Rosanne Cash)
04 Farewell Angelina (Rosanne Cash)
05 Crawl into the Promised Land (Rosanne Cash)
06 The Killing Fields (Rosanne Cash)
07 Crescent City (Rosanne Cash & Lucinda Williams)
08 I've Got a Crush on You (Michael Feinstein & Rosanne Cash)
09 Loving Her Was Easier [Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again] (Rosanne Cash with Kris Kristofferson)
10 I Am a Pilgrim (Rosanne Cash)
11 If You Only Knew (John Leventhal & Rosanne Cash)
12 That's All I Know about Arkansas (John Leventhal & Rosanne Cash)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16224168/ROSNNECSH2019-2024_CrwlntothPrmsedLnd_atse.zip.html

 The cover is almost identical to the cover for Cash's "Crawl into the Promised Land." All I did was remove John Leventhal's name, which had been under Cash's, and cropped it a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment