Saturday, January 20, 2024

Paul McCartney - BBC Sessions, Volume 5: In Concert, Maida Vale Studios, London, Britain, 10-16-2013

I've posted four Paul McCartney BBC albums prior to this one. Twice, I had to renumber them as I discovered earlier ones I'd missed. So I'm a bit reluctant to post this one, in case other ones I'd missed show, but I guess I'll take that chance.

In 2013, McCartney released the studio album "New," which was a pretty good one. So he went back to the BBC to promote. On this day, he actually did two performances in the BBC's Maida Vale Studios. He did one short show for a small studio audience around 11 a.m., took a lunch break, and then did a second show for a different audience around 1 p.m. The set lists were very similar, and mostly in the same order. So I've combined the two shows. Most of this is from the longer late show, but I added in a few songs from the early show.

Even though he was promoting his album "New," he only played four songs from it, "Save Us," "Queenie Eye," "Everybody Out There," and "New." "My Valentine" is from his 2012 album "Kisses on the Bottom." The rest are Beatles classics and solo classics.

McCartney had a fantastic voice for the vast majority of his music career. It was still pretty strong in 2013, when this concert happened. In my opinion, it got a lot weaker in the years right after this. So, although I know he did a BBC concert in 2022 (the big annual Glastonbury Festival), I don't think I'll be posting that one.

This album is an hour and 18 minutes long.

01 talk (Paul McCartney)
02 Coming Up (Paul McCartney)
03 talk (Paul McCartney)
04 Junior's Farm (Paul McCartney)
05 talk (Paul McCartney)
06 We Can Work It Out (Paul McCartney)
07 talk (Paul McCartney)
08 Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (Paul McCartney)
09 Get Back (Paul McCartney)
10 Eight Days a Week (Paul McCartney)
11 talk (Paul McCartney)
12 Save Us (Paul McCartney)
13 Jet (Paul McCartney)
14 talk (Paul McCartney)
15 My Valentine (Paul McCartney)
16 Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five (Paul McCartney)
17 talk (Paul McCartney)
18 Another Day (Paul McCartney)
19 talk (Paul McCartney)
20 Everybody Out There (Paul McCartney)
21 talk (Paul McCartney)
22 Things We Said Today (Paul McCartney)
23 talk (Paul McCartney)
24 New (Paul McCartney)
25 talk (Paul McCartney)
26 Queenie Eye (Paul McCartney)
27 talk (Paul McCartney)
28 Lady Madonna (Paul McCartney)
29 talk (Paul McCartney)
30 Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite (Paul McCartney)
31 Band on the Run (Paul McCartney)
32 Back in the U. S. S. R. (Paul McCartney)
33 talk (Paul McCartney)
34 Hey Jude (Paul McCartney)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16182143/PAULMCCRTNY2013b_BBSssonsVlum5InCncrtMidaVleStdosLndnBrtin__10-16-2013_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is from this exact concert.

3 comments:

  1. The McCartney set in 2022 was pretty strong, I think a lot of folk were surprised at how good he sounded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I first saw Sir Paul in 2011; what a fantastic show! It wasn't until 2019 that I saw him a second time. The show itself was very strong but his voice was definitely showing the age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this - always enjoy a bit of Macca. BTW, I thought his 2022 Glastonbury show was excellent, but then again I don't mind his old Macca voice.

    ReplyDelete