Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Lucinda Williams - Got No Home - Non-Album Tracks (2016-2017)

I continue to slowly move forward chronologically with stray tracks albums for Lucinda Williams. This one gets a little closer to the present day, but I currently have two more after this (as I write this at the start of 2024).

By chance, all the songs here are covers of classic songs. I think that makes this a particularly strong album.

Only four of the nine songs are officially released, and only two songs total were done in the studio. I hesitated to post this for a while (my last stray tracks album posting for her was six months ago) because I worried that the sound quality of some of the songs were subpar. But I also had the feeling that they could be improved with some effort, given all the recent advances in audio editing programs. 

So I finally got around to working on this, and I'm pretty pleased with the final results. In particular, some of the unreleased live songs had some annoying crowd noise, like people shouting "woo hoo" in the middle of songs, because these are generally sourced from audience bootlegs. But I was able to wipe most of that out. Now, in my opinion, these sound pretty close to soundboard level of quality.

Regarding the officially released songs, those are tracks 1, 2, 5, and 9. "Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad" and "Nobody's Fault but Mine" are from tribute albums. "Hickory Wind" is from an Emmylou Harris box set. "Masters of War" was released as the A-side to a single.

This album is 45 minutes long.

01 Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad (Lucinda Williams)
02 Hickory Wind (Lucinda Williams)
03 A Change Is Gonna Come (Lucinda Williams)
04 I Ain't Got No Home [Trump Version] (Lucinda Williams)
05 Nobody's Fault but Mine (Lucinda Williams)
06 Life during Wartime (Lucinda Williams)
07 Rebel Rebel (Lucinda Williams)
08 Southern Accents (Lucinda Williams)
09 Masters of War (Charles Lloyd & the Marvels with Lucinda Williams)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16113417/LCNDAWLLMS2016-2017_GtNoHme_atse.zip.html

I was getting a little tired of the same ol' same ol' picture of Lucinda Williams for the album cover. So I used a concert poster instead. As usual, I had to crop the rectangular shape to fit the square space. Otherwise, the only change I made was adding the album title at the bottom.

5 comments:

  1. Good morning everybody. Lucinda Williams, she's a great fan of the rolling stones! Some time ago she ralised a tribute with 21 songs not only the greatest hits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @paul - just found the site and I'm pretty excited about what I see here.... when I go to download this file, the hosting service requires I install Opera gx .... any thoughts on making me feel comfortable about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't open any exe file! I recommend you download through the Brave browser. It blocks all the spam crap. Also, using the JDownloader program does the same.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paul… I’m not exactly sure I see how Brave would bypass what I’m seeing …which is a “check for installation of Operagx page. as a step in the download process…
      Is it safe to assume I can find this Lucinda “Album” on soulseek?
      I don’t have that installed either, but feel better about using what I assume is some kind of peer to peer tool rather than a browser…thanks again! I see some great stuff (and already grabbed a Joe strummer tribute that didn’t have any “strings” attached) and can’t wait to dig in.

      Delete
    3. Brave has anti-spam and ad blockers built into the browser. It works great, trust me. For instance, I use it all the time to look at YouTube videos, because it blocks all the YouTube ads. All of them. And it's free and easy to use. But yes, everything should be at SoulseekQT too, if you prefer that.

      Delete