Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Sheryl Crow - Home Again - Non-Album Tracks (2012-2013)

It feels like I'm never going to finish posting all of Sheryl Crow's stray tracks material. This is the sixteenth such album I've posted, and there are still five more to go as I write this in 2023.

Five of the songs here are unreleased. But they generally sound very good. Two of them, "Leaning in a New Direction" and "Deep as It Is Wide," are studio tracks. "Walk on By" was performed at the White House for a TV show, so its sound is fine. The other two, "Up Around the Bend" and "Rock and Roll," are from concert bootlegs and sound a bit rougher. I did some extra editing on those two to help with the sound, which is why they have "[Edit]" in their titles.

Regarding the editing of "Leaning in a New Direction," it needed a lot of work. It's a nice song that I could imagine as a hit, so it's very surprising that it remains unreleased. I have an entire blog post explaining what I did to it, if you're interested:

Albums That Should Exist: Sheryl Crow - Leaning in a New Direction (Edited Song) (2013)

As for the released tracks, they're the usual type for this sort of album. There are three bonus tracks, three songs from soundtracks, and two songs from other artist's albums.

This album is 50 minutes long.

01 The World You Make (Sheryl Crow)
02 Will You Love Me Tomorrow (Rita Wilson & Sheryl Crow)
03 Walk On By (Sheryl Crow)
04 Up Around the Bend [Edit] (Sheryl Crow & Kid Rock)
05 Leaning in a New Direction [Edit] (Sheryl Crow)
06 Deep as It Is Wide (Eric Paslay & Sheryl Crow)
07 This Is You [That Was Then] (Sheryl Crow)
08 You're Asking the Wrong Person (Sheryl Crow)
09 Far Away Places (Willie Nelson & Sheryl Crow)
10 Jukin' (Sheryl Crow)
11 Home Again (Sheryl Crow, Dave Alvin, Phil Alvin & Taj Mahal)
12 Away from This World (Sheryl Crow)
13 Rock and Roll [Edit] (Sheryl Crow)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15523725/SherylC_2012-2013_HmeAgin_atse.zip.html

I got tired of just posting photos of Sheryl Crow for her album covers. So I searched for artwork related to her, and found a nice poster. I don't know when it's from or who made it. I had to crop it to get the rectangular shape to fix into a square space, and I added the text.

1 comment:

  1. Saw Sheryl close out a show with 'Rock and Roll' over 20 years ago. It was fantastic. I'll have to seek out her other non-album comps here; she's included on a number of tribute albums and compilations I have.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete