Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Another Vacation & More Rock Festivals Coming

I'm away again, about a week. I'll be back on August 29th, so there will be no new posts until then. I'm glad I was able to post all of the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival before I left. That was a big project. Anyway, take care, and I'll be back soon.

Oh, and by the way, I've been collecting some other big festivals to post. Here are the ones I have in worthy sound quality and would like to post. But note that it may take me months to process these and post them, since most of them are new to me. I haven't even listened to many of them yet.

1968 Newport Folk Festival
1969 Newport Folk Festival
1969 Texas International Pop Festival
1972 Mar Y Sol Pop Festival, Manati, Puerto Rico
1973 Grand Gala du Pop 1973, Sporthal de Vliegermolen, Voorburg, Netherlands
1978 California Jam 2
1979 No Nukes Concert, Madison Square Garden, New York City, 9-23-1979
1980 Heatwave Festival
1985 Farm Aid
1985 Live Aid
1986 Conspiracy of Hope, Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
1988 Nelson Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute, Wembley Stadium, London, Britain, 6-11-1988
1989 Concert Against AIDS, Oakland Coliseum Stadium, Oakland, CA, 5-27-1989
1991 Bill Graham Memorial, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA, 11-3-1991
1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute
2005 Live 8

If you have suggestions for other ones, I'm all ears. If you have the actual audio files, that would be even better. The main limitation, in my opinion, is the sound quality issue. There were dozens and dozens of great festivals back in the day, but very few were professionally recorded, and even fewer of those have become publicly available.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks a million for the various festival downloads. These performances are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1971 Glastonbury Fayre (or Fair). There's a triple album, and a movie, so quite a lot of the music is available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no words to express all my gratitude for your commitment to present us with your wonderful productions! Good recess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the festivals! Maybe the1967 Monterey Pop Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh Live Aid is gonna be a GREAT ONE. It's about 16 hours of music by Queen, The Who, Beach Boys, Bowie, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and much more. Thanks for all you do once again Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love your blog and all the work you do. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newport,Ca. Pop Festivals 1968 & 1969. Watkins Glen in good quality

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paul, I downloaded from Dimeadozen.org The Beatles - 1963-04-04 - Roxburgh Hall, Stowe School, Stowe, Buckinghamshire, England.
    This is the oldest live recording of the Beatles. It sounds suprisingly good, but the vocals are way too soft. Maybe you could do an upgraded version with that UVR-app you use to "boost"vocals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out about this when I got back from my vacation, and I was excited to give it a listen. Unfortunately, I tried improving it with UVR5, but it didn't really help. There weren't enough vocals to improve. Sorry.

      Delete
  9. I just remembered another one: Big Sur Folk Festival. There is a movie of the 1969 festival and an album of the 1970 edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed that you've alreasdy posted CSNY's performance from Big Sur 1969.

      Delete