Thursday, August 17, 2023

Robbie Robertson - The Right Mistake - Non-Album Tracks (2011-2019)

I just posted an album of stray tracks by Robbie Robertson, to mark his recent passing (as I write this in August 2023). I prepared two such albums at the same time to make sure their lengths were reasonable, so I might as well post the other one while I'm at it.

The first four songs are all bonus tracks from different versions of his 2001 studio album "How to Be Clairvoyant." "I Shall Be Released" was played with Eric Clapton at the 2013 Crossroads Guitar Festival. The next song, "The Money Chant," is from "The Wolf of Wall Street" movie, but apparently it's never been officially released. "Hiawatha and the Peacemaker" comes from a record that was included with a book. "Happy Holidays" was only released on the Internet. The last song, "Theme from 'The Irishman,'" naturally comes from "The Irishman" movie soundtrack. It continues his long involvement with Martin Scorsese movie soundtracks.

This album is 43 minutes long.

01 He Don't Live Here No More [Demo] (Robbie Robertson)
02 This Is Where I Get Off [Demo] (Robbie Robertson)
03 The Right Mistake [Demo] (Robbie Robertson)
04 In the War Zone (Robbie Robertson)
05 I Shall Be Released (Robbie Robertson with Eric Clapton)
06 The Money Chant (Robbie Robertson with Matthew McConaughey)
07 Hiawatha and the Peacemaker (Robbie Robertson)
08 Happy Holidays (Robbie Robertson)
09 Theme for 'The Irishman' [Instrumental] (Robbie Robertson)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15577813/RobbieR_2011-2019_TheRghtMstake_atse.zip.html

The cover photo looks to me like it was taken in a church, but apparently it's from the Village Studios in Los Angeles, taken in 2011.

5 comments:

  1. So I saw this and I thought cool!!! Then I realized I had missed his other "Non-Album Tracks" so I went and got them. Then I thought to my self "well if I missed those... could I have missed some other things. So I just spent the last 2 hours getting 156 things that I have missed. And here I thought I had checked you blog every day since I found it... I'm gonna have to do better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Welcome to my world - having more music than you have time to listen to it all. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I've been there for years... the 'to listen to' stack just keeps getting bigger & bigger. Truth be told, my collection has increased so much since I found your blog & pj's 'Albums I Wish Existed.' Thanks for all you do for us!!

      Delete
  2. This looks great. Don't know if it qualifies, but there was a great track on the King of Comedy soundtrack called "Between Trains."

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the soundtrack for a movie called "Jimmy Hollywood" Robbie did a version of "Let The Good Times Roll" with jazz singer Cassandra Wilson – but he buried her vocals! It's the first song I'm going to fix f I ever learn that audio editing program that you use to adjust the levels in a bad mix. Not to speak ill of the dead, but why did the man invite a world-class vocalist to a duet and sing over her like that? The world will never know.

    ReplyDelete