Sunday, August 20, 2023

Isle of Wight Festival, Afton Down, Isle of Wight, Britain, 8-27-1970 to 8-30-1970 - 8-29-1970: Part 4: Ten Years After

The next musical act to play the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival was Ten Years After.

This set started with the songs "Love like a Man" and "Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl." When I first posted this album, I didn't include them, because they sounded worse than the others. But I have since changed my mind, after making some tweaks to improve their sound somewhat. However, they still are rougher than the others.

As far as I know, the only song to be officially released is "I Can't Keep from Cryin' Sometimes," which was included in "The First Great Rock Festivals of the Seventies" album. Everything else is from audience bootleg sources. The remaining songs sound decent, though maybe not always as good as some of the other sets from the festival.

Apparently three more songs were played that I don't have, period: "Hobbit," "Classical Thing," and "Scat Thing." If anyone has what I'm missing, or has songs with better sound quality, please let me know.

There are only six songs here. But Ten Years After was knowing for extensive jamming, and that's the case here. "I'm Goin' Home" is over ten minutes long, and "I Can't Keep from Cryin' Sometimes" is nearly twenty minutes long.

This album is 55 minutes long.

UPDATE: On November 8, 2023, I updated the mp3 download file, because I added the first two songs, "Love like a Man" and "Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl."

061 Love like a Man (Ten Years After)
062 Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl (Ten Years After)
063 No Title (Ten Years After)
064 I Can't Keep from Cryin' Sometimes (Ten Years After)
065 talk (Ten Years After)
066 I'm Goin' Home (Ten Years After)
067 Sweet Little Sixteen (Ten Years After)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15910755/IsleofWghtFestivlAftnDwnIsleofWghtBrtain__8-29-1970_Pt4_TnYrsAftr.zip.html

The cover photo comes from this exact concert.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the image on this page.
    It was taken by my Father-in-Law Charles Everest, who was there at the event that weekend.
    More of his photos from the event can be found at the link below and are all ©cameronlife
    www.cameronlife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete