Monday, July 10, 2023

The Chicks (a.k.a. The Dixie Chicks) - BBC In Concert, Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, Britain, 6-25-2023

This is the first album I've posted from the Chicks, formerly known as the Dixie Chicks. I have to admit that I'm not that familiar with their music, but they are the best selling female band of all time. And I was very impressed with their 2020 protest song "March, March," which I put on my "Rock Trump Out" compilation. So when I found a video of their performance at the annual Glastonbury Festival last month (as I write this in July 2023), I decided to convert that to mp3s and post it here.

I had previously tried to find any BBC material by the Dixie Chicks. (They changed their name in 2020 because they didn't like the association between the word "Dixie" and the Confederacy.) They did do a BBC concert in 1999, and I may post that at some point. But I want to post this now, since this concert is only a few weeks old as I write this.

The sound quality is very good, though not amazing. The set list is what you'd expect, a mix of songs from their most recent album ("Gaslighter," released in 2020), and older hits. The one surprise was they did a cover of the Miley Cyrus song "Rainbowland" in honor of Pride Month.

This concert is an hour and one minute long.

01 talk (Chicks)
02 Sin Wagon (Chicks)
03 Gaslighter (Chicks)
04 talk (Chicks)
05 Ready to Run (Chicks)
06 Landslide (Chicks)
07 Wide Open Spaces (Chicks)
08 Cowboy Take Me Away (Chicks)
09 Tights on My Boat (Chicks)
10 talk (Chicks)
11 White Trash Wedding (Chicks)
12 talk (Chicks)
13 Long Time Gone - Daddy Lessons (Chicks)
14 talk (Chicks)
15 Rainbowland (Chicks)
16 March, March (Chicks)
17 Not Ready to Make Nice (Chicks)
18 talk (Chicks)
19 Goodbye Earl (Chicks)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15433333/TChcks_2023_BBInConcrtGlastnbryFestivlWrthyFrmPiltnBitain__6-25-2023_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is from this exact concert.

3 comments:

  1. Love the DIXIE chicks!! Have since record 1. This whole name change thing is BS though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, what happened to Natalie Maines? Almost didn't recognize her. Set list looks really good. Agreed on the name changes that were of the ridiculous kind in light of the Black Lives Matter movement (the whole saga of Lady Antebellum alone...yikes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for this. i just saw the chicks supporting bruce springsteen in london last saturday, they were superb.

    ReplyDelete