Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Suzanne Vega - BBC Sessions, Volume 1: In Concert, London School of Economics, London, Britain, 10-24-1985

Given the trouble that I detailed in my last post, I'm going to switch my posting strategy for a while to see how things shake out. For the next couple of weeks, at least, I'm going to be careful to only post 100 percent unreleased material, and see if any of that gets flagged. But, one way or another, I do plan on getting back to posting stray tracks collections and the like.

I also intend to start a YouTube channel and post some unreleased albums there, so at least I'll have a known second home on the Internet in case this one suddenly goes down. I hope to post more about that very soon.

So, with that in mind, here's something that I believe is completely unreleased. It's also high time I post something from American singer-songwriter Suzanne Vega. So far, the only music I've posted from her is a Songwriter's Circle episode in which she was one of the three featured artists.

This concert goes way back to the beginning of her recorded music career it took place just a few months after the release of her debut album, simply entitled "Suzanne Vega." It's a lot longer than that album, so it has many songs that were unreleased by her at the time, including some of her best known songs, such as "Tom's Diner," "Luka," and "Left of Center."

This album is an hour and 12 minutes long.

01 talk (Suzanne Vega)
02 Tom's Diner (Suzanne Vega)
03 talk (Suzanne Vega)
04 Some Journey (Suzanne Vega)
05 Small Blue Thing (Suzanne Vega)
06 Cracking (Suzanne Vega)
07 talk (Suzanne Vega)
08 Undertow (Suzanne Vega)
09 talk (Suzanne Vega)
10 The Queen and the Soldier (Suzanne Vega)
11 Knight Moves (Suzanne Vega)
12 talk (Suzanne Vega)
13 Gypsy (Suzanne Vega)
14 talk (Suzanne Vega)
15 Calypso (Suzanne Vega)
16 Straight Lines (Suzanne Vega)
17 Freeze Tag (Suzanne Vega)
18 talk (Suzanne Vega)
19 Luka (Suzanne Vega)
20 talk (Suzanne Vega)
21 Left of Center (Suzanne Vega)
22 Marlene on the Wall (Suzanne Vega)
23 talk (Suzanne Vega)
24 Neighbourhood Girls (Suzanne Vega)
25 talk (Suzanne Vega)
26 Black Widow Station (Suzanne Vega)
27 talk (Suzanne Vega)
28 The Rent Song (Suzanne Vega)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15467597/SuzannV_1985_BBSessionsVolum1InConcrtLondnSchlofEconomcsLondnBrtain__10-24-1985_atse.zip.html

The cover is one of only a few photos of Vega I could find that are definitely from 1985. This one was taken backstage at a concert in San Francisco in July 1985.

1 comment: