Saturday, July 22, 2023

Shawn Colvin - Home Concerts 2, Austin, TX, 3-22-2020 to 5-11-2020

I must admit that I feel embarrassed to post this album. It's Shawn Colvin home concert stuff recorded in 2020, at the height of the Covid pandemic. I duly collected it at the time, posted "Home Concerts 1," and then forget about the rest. Sigh! 

But in my defense, I think one reason I didn't post it then was because I thought the sound quality was a bit iffy. Her "Home Concerts 1" was recorded in a single setting, and generally sounded pretty good. But this is a collection of different sessions, some just a single song, and some sounded better than others. Luckily, since 2020 audio editing technology has advanced quite a lot. So I used the programs Audacity and UVR5 to make these sound better. They still don't sound fantastic, since it's obvious Colvin just turned on a microphone in her house and didn't have optional studio conditions, but it's very listenable now.

As you'd expect from home concert recordings from a pandemic, all of this is solo acoustic. And Colvin is quite talkative between songs, usually giving more insight into the songs and how they were created.

There's one more volume of her home concerts. If I don't post it in the next few days, someone please remind me so I don't wait another couple years before I remember!

This album is 51 minutes long.

01 talk (Shawn Colvin)
02 Tenderness on the Block (Shawn Colvin)
03 talk (Shawn Colvin)
04 Venetian Blue (Shawn Colvin)
05 talk (Shawn Colvin)
06 Matter of Minutes (Shawn Colvin)
07 Before the Deluge (Shawn Colvin)
08 Climb On [A Back That's Strong] (Shawn Colvin)
09 talk (Shawn Colvin)
10 Cinnamon Road (Shawn Colvin)
11 talk (Shawn Colvin)
12 Lovers in a Dangerous Time (Shawn Colvin)
13 talk (Shawn Colvin)
14 Kill the Messenger (Shawn Colvin)
15 talk (Shawn Colvin)
16 These Four Walls (Shawn Colvin)
17 talk (Shawn Colvin)
18 Ricochet in Time (Shawn Colvin)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15485042/ShawnC_2020_HomeConcrts2AustinTX__3-22-2020_to_5-11-2020_atse.zip.html

The cover is a screenshot I took of her YouTube video of the performance included here of "Lovers in a Dangerous Time."

2 comments:

  1. She's great and her stories are always entertaining. If you can find her Austin City Limits show, with the band, including Steuart Smith, now with Eagles, and Larry Kline, that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked for that and didn't see any trace. Sorry.

      Delete