Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Beach Boys - Acappella: 1968-1977

As I just explained in my last blog post, I'd had an album of the Beach Boys doing acappella versions of their songs from 1967 to 1977 that I'd posted here in April 2018. But I'd deleted that because I've found a bunch more acappella versions, allowing me to split that album into two. Here's the second album. Read the previous blog post for more details.

All the new songs are from 1968, due to some official archival releases that came out in December 2018 for copyright purposes. (Again, read the previous blog.) There was a similar release that happened in 2017 for 1967 songs. So, if the pattern holds, we should expect an archival release at the end of 2019 covering 1969, one at the end of 2020 covering 1970, and so on. And, if the pattern holds, there should be more acappella versions coming out on each one. So it may take a few years, but I hope eventually that I'll be able to split this album yet again.

By the way, note that nearly all the songs here are from 1968 to 1971, with only the last two from after that. Who knows, maybe by 2027 we'll still be getting yearly archival releases, allowing me to add more acappella songs from 1977 in that year!

This album is 54 minutes long.

01 We're Together Again [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
02 Never Learn Not to Love [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
03 Ol' Man River [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
04 Break Away [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
05 Cotton Fields [The Cotton Song] [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
06 Walk On By [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
07 Add Some Music to Your Day [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
08 Got to Know the Woman [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
09 Our Sweet Love [Vocals with Strings Version] (Beach Boys)
10 Slip On Through [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
11 This Whole World [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
12 All I Wanna Do [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
13 Forever [Acappella Mix] (Beach Boys)
14 Don't Go Near the Water [Acappella Mix] (Beach Boys)
15 Long Promised Road [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
16 'Til I Die [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
17 Surf's Up [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
18 Marcella [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
19 Sail On Sailor [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
20 The Night Was So Young [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)

Add Some Music to Your Day [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
Cotton Fields [The Cotton Song] [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
Forever [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
Surf's Up [Acappella Version] (Beach Boys)
'Til I Die [Desper Mix Edit - Vocals and Organ] (Beach Boys)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16376751/TBECHBYS1968-1977AcppllaVrsons_atse.zip.html

This is the same cover I used for the 1967 to 1977 version that I'd had, prior to splitting that in two. I changed the years on the cover but kept everything else the same. I found the photo on the Twitter feed of the "Beach Boys Legacy," showing the group singing in the studio in 1979.

2 comments: