Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Sheryl Crow - Resuscitation - Non-Album Tracks (1997-1998)

I've said the gist of this in my last Sheryl Crow album post, I think, but I'll repeat it anyway: she is an excellent singer, and a talented songwriter, but her songwriting is hit or miss. Sometimes she hits a home run, as with her hit songs. But all too often, her non-hits are just okay, playing it too safe in an "adult contemporary" way. I find her stray tracks more interesting, because she stretches herself out and does all kind of interesting songs.

This stray tracks album is a case in point. About five of the songs here are Crow originals, and in my opinion they're just as good as her album songs.

The rest are a wide variety of cover versions.She does all sorts of interesting covers, from Leonard Cohen ("Hallelujah") to Bob Dylan ("Highway 61 Revisited") to the Who ("Squeeze Box") and even to Sonny and Cher ("Baby Don't Go").

This album is 47 minutes long.

01 Don't Make Me Wait Too Long (Sheryl Crow)
02 Hallelujah (Sheryl Crow)
03 One Less Bell to Answer (Sheryl Crow with Burt Bacharach)
04 Squeeze Box (Sheryl Crow)
05 Highway 61 Revisited (Sheryl Crow & Bob Dylan)
06 Resuscitation (Sheryl Crow)
07 Subway Ride (Sheryl Crow)
08 In Need (Sheryl Crow)
09 Carolina (Sheryl Crow)
10 Baby Don't Go (Dwight Yoakam & Sheryl Crow)
11 Good Morning Heartache (Sheryl Crow)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15104472/SherylC_1997-1998_Resuscitatin_atse.zip.html

The cover was made by Peter at the Albums I Wish Existed blog. I added some of the text. I'm psyched at how I made the album title look like it was on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment