Thursday, January 10, 2019

Kirsty MacColl - Perfect Day - Non-Album Tracks (1993-1995)

I'm trying to hurry through posting the rest of Kirsty MacColl's stray tracks albums, because I don't want to be posting music from too many different artists at once. I only have one more album to go after this one.

And this is a particularly good one. In my opinion, most musicians peak in their first decade as professionals and have a long, slow decline after that. But MacColl was steadily getting better for the entire duration of her career, until her tragic early death in 2000. This is part of that pattern. Had it actually been released as an album, I think it would have been just as solid as her other albums in the 1990s.

The songs here come from all the usual stray track sources: A-sides, B-sides, bonus tracks, and songs from box sets and soundtracks. The vast majority of the songs are written by MacColl, as usual. However, "Perfect Day" is a cover of a Lou Reed song, and "I Wanna Be Sedated" is a Ramones song.

"Moving Out" is an unreleased theme song for a short-lived British TV show. I made major edits to make the two parts I found on YouTube into one cohesive whole.

This album is 51 minutes long.

01 King Kong (Kirsty MacColl)
02 Count on Me (Kirsty MacColl)
03 Dear John (Kirsty MacColl)
04 Touch Me (Kirsty MacColl)
05 Fabulous Garden (Kirsty MacColl)
06 Caroline (Kirsty MacColl)
07 Irish Cousin (Kirsty MacColl)
08 Butcher Boy (Kirsty MacColl)
09 Moving Out [Edit] (Kirsty MacColl)
10 As Long as You Hold Me (Kirsty MacColl)
11 I Am Afraid (Kirsty MacColl)
12 I Wanna Be Sedated (Kirsty MacColl)
13 Perfect Day (Kirsty MacColl & Evan Dando)
14 Roll Em Easy (Kirsty MacColl)
15 Free World [Acoustic Version] (Kirsty MacColl)
16 Caroline [Acoustic Version] (Kirsty MacColl)

https://www.imagenetz.de/ie9RW

I made the cover art from the cover of the "Perfect Day" single. But that song was a duet with Evan Dando, so I had to airbrush his name out of the picture.

1 comment:

  1. On my way thru and wanted to say along with further thanks that Roll 'Em Easy is actually a Little Feat cover...

    ReplyDelete