Friday, January 4, 2019
Kirsty MacColl - One Good Thing - Various Songs (1990-1992)
There's not much to say here, except that nearly all the songs are B-sides from the era of her 1991 album "Electric Landlady." There are three other songs at the end, including one unreleased song, a great version of the Clash song "Train in Vain."
In my opinion, MacColl's music is extremely solid and consistent, with her non-album tracks often as strong as her album tracks. So if you like her stuff, you should like this.
01. Other People's Hearts (Kirsty MacColl)
02. Am I Right (Kirsty MacColl)
03. Complainte Pour Ste Catherine (Kirsty MacColl)
04. Miss Otis Regrets (Kirsty MacColl with the Pogues)
05. Just One of Those Things (Kirsty MacColl with the Pogues)
06. All the Tears that I Cried (Kirsty MacColl)
07. Don't Go Near the Water (Kirsty MacColl)
08. Darling, Let's Have Another Baby (Kirsty MacColl & Billy Bragg)
09. One Good Thing (Kirsty MacColl)
10. London Bridge Is Falling Down (Kirsty MacColl)
11. Walk Right Back (Kirsty MacColl)
12. Train in Vain [Stand by Me] (Kirsty MacColl)
I made the cover from a photo of MacColl, but I don't know where or when it was taken.