Friday, January 11, 2019

The Bangles - Light My Way - Non-Album Tracks (1999-2018)

The Bangles essentially have had two careers. The first was their popular heyday, from when they started up in 1981 until when they broke up in 1988. They reformed in 1999 and have been together ever since, but at a less active level. They've only put out two new studio albums since reforming, and clearly the members have other priorities in their lives than being in the Bangles. However, they still have put out consistently excellent work in this second phase.

This album covers nearly all the stray tracks I could find from that second phase. I say "nearly" because I found so many acoustic versions of songs in 2002 and 2003 that I've got an album of that stuff that I'll post later. This is everything else.

Three more songs here are nice covers of Beatles songs ("Good Day Sunshine," "Yes It Is," and "Because.") The remainder consist of three more covers - "Pushin' Too Hard," "Go Where You Wanna Go," and "We Belong" - and four originals.

The last three songs are from 2018. They are from a various artists compilation of bands from the 1980s "Paisley Underground" doing covers of other bands from that same movement. I'm very psyched to see them do a cover of "Jet Fighter" by the Three O'Clock, since that long has been a favorite of mine, a song that should have been a hit in a better world.

This album is 55 minutes long.

01 Get the Girl (Bangles)
02 Across the Universe (Bangles with George Martin)
03 Blackbird (Bangles with George Martin)
04 In My Life (Bangles with George Martin)
05 Pushin' Too Hard (Bangles)
06 Happily Ever Laughter (Bangles)
07 Run Away with Me (Bangles)
08 My Town (Bangles)
09 Good Day Sunshine (Bangles with Matthew Sweet)
10 Light My Way (Bangles)
11 Go Where You Wanna Go (Bangles)
12 We Belong (Bangles)
13 Yes It Is (Bangles)
14 Because (Bangles)
15 Talking in My Sleep (Bangles)
16 Jet Fighter (Bangles)
17 That's What You Always Say (Bangles)

https://www.imagenetz.de/ffqSK

I made the album cover but I don't know where the photo comes from exactly. But it's probably from after 2009, when the band became a three piece.

9 comments:

  1. This afternoons listening pleasure. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Blog is Fantastic , thanks for share your culture

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it possible to re-up? that would be great. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked, and it looks like the link is still working. Can you check again?

      Delete
  4. Four additional songs popped up on the download that are not on the playlist-- "Run Away With Me", "Across The Universe", "Blackbird", and "In My Life". Just wondering where these should fit in the playlist order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed the song lists for this and the other Bangles album. Thanks for pointing those out.

      Delete
  5. Guessing theres no way to get better bitrate version of the following, Fakin the Funk shows
    Pushin' Too Hard 256 bitrate
    Happily Ever Laughter 96 bitrate
    Run Away with Me 128 bitrate
    My Town 256 bitrate
    Good Day Sunshine 96 bitrate
    Light My Way 64 bitrate

    Also what was the source for where you found these files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I wasn't aware of that Fakin the Funk thing. Interesting idea. But what's I've got is what I've got. If you can find any better versions, please let me know so I can replace them. It's been so long since I put that album together that I have no idea where or how I got them, sorry.

      Delete