Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Norah Jones - Sweet Dreams - Non-Album Tracks (2002-2003)

I've said this in my past Norah Jones posts, but I'm going to keep saying it, because I feel so many people misunderstand her: don't judge Jones by her well-known albums. Her stray tracks are usually better, because A) there's more variety, and B) she does a lot of covers of classic songs instead of doing her own usually merely good songs.

This album is another case in point. Once again, we see all sorts of interesting covers, of songs by Johnny Cash, Irma Thomas, the Band, the Rolling Stones (a lesser known song, "The Worst"),  Ira Gershwin, and more. And she collaborates with many, from jazz pianist Marian McPartland to hip hop duo OutKast! Admittedly, the OutKast collaboration sounds nothing like hip hop, but it's typical of her attitude of being willing to work with just about anyone.

This album is 43 minutes long.

01 The Worst (Norah Jones)
02 Ruler of My Heart (Dirty Dozen Brass Band with Norah Jones)
03 No Easy Way Down (Norah Jones)
04 Sweet Dreams (Norah Jones with the Jim Campilongo Electric Trio)
05 I Can't Get Started (Norah Jones & Marian McPartland)
06 Ride On (Norah Jones)
07 September in the Rain (Norah Jones & Marian McPartland)
08 Tell Me (Norah Jones & Wax Poetic)
09 I Walk the Line (Joel Harrison with Norah Jones)
10 It Makes No Difference (Norah Jones)
11 Take Off Your Cool (OutKast with Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15848604/NorahJ_2002-2003_SweetDrms_atse.zip.html

I made the cover from a 2003 publicity photo.

1 comment: