Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The Raconteurs - Keep It Clean - Non-Album Tracks (2006-2008)

Just a few days ago, the Raconteurs released a new album, "Help Us Stranger." If you don't know, the Raconteurs are a group led by singer-songwriters Jack White of the White Stripes and Brendon Benson. It's their first album since 2008. I was disappointed with White's last solo album, but I think it's a strong return to form. I hope he keeps going with the Raconteurs, since his talents and Benson's complement each other.

To celebrate this new album, I thought I'd post something else by them. Up until their new activity, they really only existed as a group from 2006 to 2008, although they had an occasional concert since then. So I divided all the stray tracks I had from two into two, and came up with this album, of full-band material, and another album of acoustic stuff.

The vast majority of the songs here are covers. There are only three that are not: "The Band Rendition," which was a B-side and bonus track at the time of their first album in 2006, and "Open Your Eyes" and "You Made a Fool Out of Me," which were leftovers from their second album in 2008, and were released as a single in 2012.

I must say, the covers run a very wide range, from Howlin' Wolf ("Little Red Rooster") to Sonny and Cher ("Bang Bang") to the Undertones ("Teenage Kicks") to Gnarls Barkley ("Crazy"), and a lot more. Some of them are mainly sung by White, and others are mainly sung by Benson. The vast majority were done live in concert. I then tried to erase the audience noise as best I can, as I often do, to help those songs fit in with the studio tracks.

There's one more song I want to include, but I can't find. That's their cover of "Send Me a Postcard," by Shocking Blue. If you have that, please let me know, and I'll add it in.

01 The Bane Rendition (Raconteurs)
02 Heading for the Texas Border (Raconteurs)
03 A House Is Not a Motel (Raconteurs)
04 Floating (Raconteurs)
05 Bang Bang [My Baby Shot Me Down] (Raconteurs)
06 The Christian Life (Raconteurs)
07 Crazy (Raconteurs)
08 Who Do You Love (Raconteurs)
09 Teenage Kicks (Raconteurs)
10 Open Your Eyes (Raconteurs)
11 You Made a Fool Out of Me (Raconteurs)
12 Little Red Rooster (Raconteurs)
13 Keep It Clean (Raconteurs)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15182055/TRacontrs_2006-2008_KeepItCln_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I found a photo of the band from 2006. I also found a concert poster that I didn't use, but I took the unusual lettering of the band name from that.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this download file! Great compilation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really awesome, thanks! I think Open Your Eyes is a cover of a song by Snow Patrol.

    ReplyDelete