Monday, November 27, 2023

The Moody Blues - BBC Sessions, Volume 6: In Concert, Wembley Arena, London, Britain, 11-29-1984

After posting five albums of the Moody Blues performing for the BBC, I thought I was all done with that. But it turns out I was wrong. I've found two unreleased BBC concerts that band did in the 1980s. They're different enough that I'm going to post both.

When it comes to concerts, the BBC has a habit of editing them down to fit the time slots they have available. That's the case here. If you're curious, you can see the full set list here:

The Moody Blues Concert Setlist at Wembley Arena, London on November 29, 1984 | setlist.fm

Furthermore, the BBC jumbled up the song order. For instance, "Question" is in the middle of this recording, but it was actually the second to last song played. I considered trying to put the songs back in order, but I decided it would be too tricky to be worth it, given the problem of matching the applause levels after each song.

On the plus side, due to the BBC's editing, this concert focuses almost entirely on the band's best known songs, making for a particularly strong concert.

This concert is an hour and five minutes long.

01 Gemini Dream (Moody Blues)
02 talk (Moody Blues)
03 Sitting at the Wheel (Moody Blues)
04 talk (Moody Blues)
05 Tuesday Afternoon (Moody Blues)
06 Isn't Life Strange (Moody Blues)
07 The Voice (Moody Blues)
08 Question (Moody Blues)
09 I’m Just a Singer [In a Rock and Roll Band] (Moody Blues)
10 Driftwood (Moody Blues)
11 talk (Moody Blues)
12 Steppin' in a Slide Zone (Moody Blues)
13 Talking Out of Turn (Moody Blues)
14 The Story in Your Eyes (Moody Blues)
15 Nights in White Satin (Moody Blues)
16 Ride My See-Saw (Moody Blues)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15990931/MoodyB_1984_BBSessonsVolum6InConcrtWemblyArnaLondnBrtain__11-29-1984_atse.zip.html

This cover photo only shows the band's main singer and songwriter, Justin Hayward. I would have preferred a photo of the whole band, but this was the one and only photo I could find that came from this exact concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment