Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Robert Cray - BBC Sessions, Volume 2: In Concert, Hammersmith Odeon, London, Britain, 1-25-1991

Just yesterday, I posted a Robert Cray BBC concert from 1988. I considered this BBC concert to be closely related to that other one, so here it is too.

The reason the 1988 BBC concert and this one are linked is because an official album called "Live at the BBC" came out, with half of the songs from the 1988 concert, and the other half from this 1991 concert. For each concert, that left about half of the performance unreleased. I think it's better to have both concerts in full. 

Given that the two concerts were only three years apart, and Cray had only released one new studio album in the meantime ("Midnight Stroll," in 1990), you'd think the set lists for the two concerts would be very similar. But in fact they're quite different. I could be wrong, but I think the only songs played in both concerts are "I Guess I Showed Her" and "Smoking Gun." So if you're a Cray fan, it's good to have both.

The sound quality is excellent, no problems. And the length suggests it was a full concert with no edits.

Cray's popularity declined after this, which unfortunately means he didn't play for the BBC as often. So I'm not planning on a Volume 3, unless something unexpected shows up.

This album is an hour and 18 minutes long.

01 Phone Booth (Robert Cray)
02 talk (Robert Cray)
03 I Guess I Showed Her (Robert Cray)
04 talk (Robert Cray)
05 These Things (Robert Cray)
06 talk (Robert Cray)
07 The Forecast [Calls for Pain] (Robert Cray)
08 talk (Robert Cray)
09 Where Do I Go from Here (Robert Cray)
10 talk (Robert Cray)
11 Move a Mountain (Robert Cray)
12 talk (Robert Cray)
13 Consequences (Robert Cray)
14 talk (Robert Cray)
15 Things You Do to Me (Robert Cray)
16 talk (Robert Cray)
17 Holding Court (Robert Cray)
18 Walk Around Time (Robert Cray)
19 Right Next Door [Because of Me] (Robert Cray)
20 Acting This Way (Robert Cray)
21 Smoking Gun (Robert Cray)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15941517/RbrtCray_1991_BBSessonsVolum2InConcrtHammrsmthOdeonLondnBritain__1-25-1991_atse.zip.html

The cover photo was taken at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, California, on July 28, 1991.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is Smokin'... I thought I had just about every Rober Cray Boot... Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete