Tuesday, November 22, 2022

The Jam - BBC Sessions, Volume 1: 1977-1979

I think it's possible that of all the musical acts I've posted about here, none has played more for the BBC than Paul Weller. It's high time I start posting some of his stuff. I was hesitant to do so because a lot of it has been officially released. But I realized that there's a lot that is still unreleased.

This album is a case in point. It contains just studio BBC sessions from Weller's first band, the Jam. Twelve of the 15 performances here have been officially released on an album called "At the BBC." But three have not. Those three, tracks ten through twelve, were recorded for the BBC TV show "The Old Grey Whistle Test" in 1978. I suppose that's why they were overlooked. But they really should have been included, especially since they were performed without an audience.

Anyway, Weller has done so much for the BBC that I'm not going to post it all. Heck, I'm sure there's lots that I don't even know exist. But I'll still post a lot from his the with the Jam, the Style Council, and his long solo career. I plan on posting all of the Jam material, because it's all very good.

This album is 40 minutes long.

01 In the City (Jam)
02 Art School (Jam)
03 I've Changed My Address (Jam)
04 The Modern World (Jam)
05 All Around the World (Jam)
06 London Girl (Jam)
07 Bricks and Mortar (Jam)
08 Carnaby Street (Jam)
09 Billy Hunt (Jam)
10 In the Street Today (Jam)
11 'A' Bomb in Wardour Street (Jam)
12 Thick as Thieves (Jam)
13 The Eton Rifles (Jam)
14 Saturday's Kids (Jam)
15 When You're Young (Jam)

https://www.imagenetz.de/gGhgd

The cover photo of the Jam dates to 1977. I used Photoshop to move the band members a bit closer to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment