Sunday, November 27, 2022

Stevie Wonder - BBC Abbey Road Studio One, Abbey Road Studios, London, Britain, 11-9-2005

It seems that the vast majority of big names in music have performed for the BBC at one time or another. Unfortunately when it comes to Stevie Wonder, I know of only one concert he did for the BBC, and that one occurred relatively late in his career, in 2005. Still, it's a winner. It's a long concert, with excellent sound quality, and a lively performance. And if you're not that into his more recent songs, there are only a few of those. Instead, he focused on his classic hits. This is one of the most popular Stevie Wonder bootlegs, and with good reason.

One minor problem is that the BBC edited this down. Other people later put it back together, because different rebroadcasts had different set lists. But apparently the recordings of two of the songs still haven't come to light. One of them is a long version of "Do I Do." I suspect also that a lot of the banter between songs was cut out.  

This album is an hour and 59 minutes long.

01 talk (Stevie Wonder)
02 Love's in Need of Love Today (Stevie Wonder)
03 talk (Stevie Wonder)
04 Master Blaster [Jammin'] (Stevie Wonder)
05 Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder)
06 Living for the City (Stevie Wonder)
07 Golden Lady (Stevie Wonder)
08 Superwoman (Stevie Wonder)
09 Where Were You When I Needed You (Stevie Wonder)
10 talk (Stevie Wonder)
11 Ribbon in the Sky (Stevie Wonder)
12 You and I [We Can Conquer the World] (Stevie Wonder)
13 Joy Inside My Tears (Stevie Wonder)
14 talk (Stevie Wonder)
15 My Love Is on Fire (Stevie Wonder)
16 Sir Duke (Stevie Wonder)
17 I Wish (Stevie Wonder)
18 Positivity (Stevie Wonder)
19 Isn't She Lovely (Stevie Wonder)
20 All I Do (Stevie Wonder)
21 Tuesday Heartbreak (Stevie Wonder)
22 talk (Stevie Wonder)
23 Maybe Your Baby (Stevie Wonder)
24 You Are the Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder)
25 talk (Stevie Wonder)
26 I Just Called to Say I Love You (Stevie Wonder)
27 talk (Stevie Wonder)
28 So What the Fuss (Stevie Wonder)
29 Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
30 You Haven't Done Nothin' (Stevie Wonder)
31 talk (Stevie Wonder)
32 Shelter in the Rain (Stevie Wonder)
33 As (Stevie Wonder)

https://www.imagenetz.de/dNNAg

The cover photo comes from a press conference Wonder took part in for the 2005 Live 8 concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment