Thursday, November 3, 2022

Joan Osborne - A Tribute to Jerry Garcia, The Hamilton, Washington, D.C., 10-15-2022

Here's an acoustic concert from just a couple of weeks ago. Joan Osborne and a couple of her long-time guitar players performed a concert of Grateful Dead covers (aside from the encore of her sole big hit "One of Us"). The concert was supposed to have taken place on August 1, 2022, to mark exactly eighty years since Grateful Dead lead guitarist Jerry Garcia was born. However, Osborne came down with Covid at the time, so the concert had to be postponed.

I wasn't going to post this, except for the fact that the sound quality is so excellent that it deserves to be heard by more people. I don't know if this was a radio broadcast or web broadcast or what (at some point she commented that the show was being professionally recorded), but the sound is flawless.

Osborne is uniquely qualified to sing Grateful Dead covers because she sang with the surviving members of that band at different times, especially in 2003 and 2006. I plan to post albums of some highlights from those shows when my chronological posting of her albums reaches that point. She also did a short solo concert of acoustic Dead covers in 2013. I plan on posting that here eventually too.

This concert is an hour and 36 minutes long.

01 Alabama Getaway (Joan Osborne)
02 talk (Joan Osborne)
03 Deep Elem Blues (Joan Osborne)
04 talk (Joan Osborne)
05 Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo (Joan Osborne)
06 He's Gone (Joan Osborne)
07 talk (Joan Osborne)
08 New Speedway Boogie (Joan Osborne)
09 talk (Joan Osborne)
10 Ripple (Joan Osborne)
11 talk (Joan Osborne)
12 Shakedown Street (Joan Osborne)
13 talk (Joan Osborne)
14 Sugaree (Joan Osborne)
15 talk (Joan Osborne)
16 Stella Blue (Joan Osborne)
17 Eyes of the World (Joan Osborne)
18 I Know You Rider (Joan Osborne)
19 talk (Joan Osborne)
20 The Attics of My Life (Joan Osborne)
21 One of Us (Joan Osborne) 

The download is split into two. Here are the links to the two parts:

https://www.upload.ee/files/15941472/JoanO_2022_TributeJrryGarciaHamiltnWashingtonDC__10-15-2022_Part1_atse.zip.html

https://www.upload.ee/files/15941464/JoanO_2022_TributeJrryGarciaHamiltnWashingtonDC__10-15-2022_Part2_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is of the exact concert featured here.

5 comments:

  1. Hi - it looks like zippyshare is dead so how can I get the music you so thoughtfully posted? I just discovered your blog and it's really great- thanks for all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I did this, but I can't find this concert on my computer - if there was a new link (as I stated above), I'm sure I downloaded it, and now the link above is dead. Maybe I'm misremembering/was wrong with my post above and this link still needs to be updated? Regardless, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this blog! I'm a huge Joan Osborne fan and you have stuff I didn't even know existed...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a long concert, but not a really popular one, so the Imagenetz link is likely to keep dying. So in order to get away from that, I've split it into two upload.ee links. Lots more Joan Osborne stuff coming, by the way.

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO much for this! And even more Joan Osborne stuff coming?!? I can't wait! Thanks again so very much...

    ReplyDelete