Saturday, November 19, 2022

Elton John with Kiki Dee - BBC Sessions, Volume 10: Hammersmith Odeon, London, Britain, 12-24-1982

Personally, I think Elton John's best years were in the first half of the 1970s. I've posted a bunch of BBC albums from him that are all from that decade. However, he continued to have lots of success after that, and he certainly kept performing for the BBC frequently. Now that I'm posting so many BBC concerts, it doesn't seem fair to stop at the end of the 1970s. So here's the next one. I'll probably end up posting more BBC albums from him than any other artist.

The BBC portion of this concert is rather short as concerts go, at only 59 minutes. It so happens that I saw another soundboard bootleg concert of him from 1982 that has a few songs the other one does not, so I've added those to the beginning. (Those are from Landover, Maryland, on July 21, 1982.) That's why after those songs, Elton John gets introduced.

This concert ends with a nice surprise, as British singer Kiki Dee joined Elton John for the encore. They had a massive duet hit in 1976 with "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," and they performed that here, along with a covers medley of oldies.

As mentioned above, the BBC portion is 59 minutes long. The whole album is an hour and 27 minutes long.

01 All the Girls Love Alice (Elton John)
02 Where to Now St. Peter (Elton John)
03 Empty Garden [Hey Hey Johnny] (Elton John)
04 Rocket Man (Elton John)
05 Someone Saved My Life Tonight (Elton John)
06 talk (Elton John)
07 The Bitch Is Back (Elton John)
08 Pinball Wizard (Elton John)
09 talk (Elton John)
10 Blue Eyes (Elton John)
11 Bennie and the Jets (Elton John)
12 talk (Elton John)
13 All Quiet on the Western Front (Elton John)
14 Your Song (Elton John)
15 Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting (Elton John)
16 Daniel (Elton John)
17 Crocodile Rock (Elton John)
18 Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John & Kiki Dee)
19 Whole Lotta Shakin’ Going On - Jingle Bells - I Saw Her Standing There - Twist and Shout (Elton John & Kiki Dee)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15950301/EltonJn_1982_BBSessionsVolume10HmmersmithOdeon__12-24-1982_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is from the same venue, but earlier in the month, on December 1, 1982.

3 comments:

  1. Can you please do a re-up of this one? The file location tries to send me a .exe file and .msi files. I'd really like to get hold of the show please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link still works. You just need to get past the spam. I highly suggest an ad blocker plug-in for your browser. I don't know why everyone doesn't use one. They're free and they get rid of ads all over the place.

      Delete