Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Susanna Hoffs - Summer Daze - Non-Album Tracks (2012-2016)

I'm a big fan of the Bangles as well as Susanna Hoffs' solo career. I'll be posting a bunch of both eventually. Here's a start.

In 2012, Hoffs put out her solo album "Someday." It's a really excellent album. If you haven't heard it yet, please go do so. I'd say it's better than anything the Bangles did since their early years, but in a more mellow and acoustic vein. Anyway, in 2012, she also put out not one but two EPs, both of them with songs on them not found elsewhere. My guess is Hoffs recorded more songs that she wanted to put on her album (since she kept it to an all-killer no-filler 31 minutes in length), and rather than keeping her outtakes locked up in a vault, she released them through the EPs.

Those EP songs got me started on making an album of stray tracks to compliment "Someday." One song on one of the EPs was essentially an acoustic version of one of the album tracks ("One Day (Ragtag Version)"), and I found three more acoustic versions of the album tracks from a live radio appearance. I found three more songs done live in 2012 that weren't on the album.

That alone would have been enough for a 33-minute long album, longer than "Someday" itself. But since 2012, Hoffs has been surprisingly quiet, aside from doing some touring with the Bangles. Here it is 2018 and she hasn't put out another album, either by herself or with the Bangles. In fact, I've found almost no new music from her at all. However, I have found three songs she did from 2015 and 2016, so I've added them at the end.

I've organized this album so the first half is mostly acoustic versions of songs from her "Someday" album or other new acoustic-styled songs, while the second half is mostly cover versions.

01 Picture Me [Acoustic Version] (Susanna Hoffs)
02 Raining [Acoustic Version] (Susanna Hoffs)
03 Always Enough [Acoustic Version] (Susanna Hoffs)
04 Petite Chanson (Susanna Hoffs)
05 Summer Daze (Susanna Hoffs)
06 One Day [Ragtag Version] (Susanna Hoffs)
07 Sally Go 'Round the Roses (Susanna Hoffs)
08 All I've Got to Do (Susanna Hoffs)
09 This Will Be Our Year (Susanna Hoffs)
10 When You Walk in the Room [Acoustic] (Susanna Hoffs)
11 Never My Love (Susanna Hoffs)
12 September Gurls (Susanna Hoffs)
13 I'm Ready to Move On - Wild Heart Reprise (Susanna Hoffs & the Bleachers)
14 Take Me with U (Susanna Hoffs with Petra Haden)
15 I'll Keep It with Mine (Susanna Hoffs with Petra Haden)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15121862/SusannaH_2012_SummrDaze_atse.zip.html

By the way, I still haven't been able to get a new laptop so I can easily work on making album covers some more. However, I saw a photo of Hoffs from 2012 that looks so good I just had to make an album cover anyway. She truly is an ageless beauty, as well as a great singer. Keep in mind that she already was in her 50s when this photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment