Friday, September 28, 2018

Dusty Springfield - Goin' Back - Non-Album Tracks (1966-1967)

Dusty Springfield's studio recordings from the 1960s and 1970s are a mess. Generally, her British and American albums were very different, and there were all sorts of stray tracks, such as A- and B-sides of singles, and outtakes.

This particular album is made up almost entirely of A- and B-sides, with a couple of outtakes as the end. Strangely, there are eight A-sides compared to only four B-sides. (The other B-sides were also included on albums.) 

Springfield released an album in 1967, "Where Am I Going," and there's no overlap between that one and this one. As one can see here, the record company could have easily made another album just from all the A's and B's. And it's probably a stronger album, due to having so many A-side hits on it.

This album is 41 minutes long.

01 Little by Little (Dusty Springfield)
02 You Don't Have to Say You Love Me (Dusty Springfield)
03 Every Ounce of Strength (Dusty Springfield)
04 Goin' Back (Dusty Springfield)
05 I'm Gonna Leave You (Dusty Springfield)
06 All I See Is You (Dusty Springfield)
07 I'll Try Anything (Dusty Springfield)
08 The Corrupt Ones (Dusty Springfield)
09 Give Me Time (Dusty Springfield)
10 The Look of Love (Dusty Springfield)
11 What's It Gonna Be (Dusty Springfield)
12 Small Town Girl (Dusty Springfield)
13 I've Got a Good Thing (Dusty Springfield)
14 Time After Time (Dusty Springfield)
15 Don't Forget about Me [Unreleased 1967 Version] (Dusty Springfield)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15602647/DstySpr_1966-1967_GoinBck_atse.zip.html

I originally used the cover of the "Goin' Back" single for the album cover. I merely cleaned it up and removed some unnecessary text at the bottom. But I wasn't happy with it, and over a year later, I came up with a different cover that still used parts of the same green design as the single cover. I don't know where or when the photo was taken. 

I'm including the old cover here at the bottom, in case anyone prefers that one.

2 comments: