This expansion is due to the fact that I randomly came across another bootleg of this concert with a mostly different bunch of songs. Happily, that version has soundboard quality, just like the previous version. In fact, some of the existing songs sounded better, so I've upgraded them.
Lowell George was the lead guitarist and a key songwriter for the band Little Feat throughout the 1970s. In 1979, the band split up due to creative differences, and George released a solo album. He announced plans to restart the band with a slightly different line-up. But on June 29, 1979, while on tour to support his solo album, he died of a heart attack related to an accidental heroin overdose. He was only 34 years old. Only a couple of months after his death, a tribute concert was held in Los Angeles to celebrate his life and his music. Here is what remains available from it.
I found a 1979 New York Times article about this concert, so I know a little bit about it. Here's the article link (though it may not work for you if you don't have a subscription):
https://www.nytimes.com/1979/08/06/archives/pop-coast-tribute-to-lowell-george.html
According to the article, the proceeds from the concert were given to George's family. The concert lasted almost three hours. In addition to the big names included in this album, some others also took part, like Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers, Eric Kaz, Craig Fuller, J. D. Souther, Ted Tempelman, and the Tower of Power.
Generally speaking, Little Feat was the backing band for most of the concert. But I didn't include them in most of the song credits because that would have made the song names longer and I didn't know for sure who played on which song.
The article states that some big musical stars, like Bob Dylan and the Eagles, wanted to perform at the concert as well. However, the surviving Little Feat band members who organized the concert decided to keep it to just the other musicians who knew George well. There also was pressure to have more than one concert, since interest was extremely high, but they decided not to go that route either.
The concert was filmed and recorded with the idea of later releasing an album or film of it. But so far, only one song mentioned has been officially released, "All That You Dream," on the Little Feat album "Hoy Hoy." I've read on social media that it is believed the rest of the film footage has been lost.
I'm posting this album almost entirely due to the efforts of musical friend Lil Panda. In August 2025, he sent me this concert out of the blue. He'd found a video from the concert on YouTube. The sound quality was fundamentally good, but it had issues. I asked him what he did to fix it, and this was his reply: "Phase correction, azimuth adjustment, de-clicking, music rebalance (different for almost every song... trial and error), the repair assistant (vocal work), and spectral repair." So, thanks to his work, this should sound much better than ever before.
Furthermore, I made some additional changes, since I'm more willing to make changes to bootlegs if I think it improves the overall recording. I noticed some minor drop-outs here and there, usually only a second or less of silence. I patched those up when I found them. That's why four of the songs have "[Edit]" in their titles. "For a Dancer" also was merged from two versions.
In addition, I made another edit to all the songs. That's because the video usually cut the cheering at the ends of the songs short, to just a couple of seconds. It didn't sound right to me. So I did some copying and pasting of cheering from one song to another until all the songs had a decent amount of applause.
Thanks again to Lil Panda for digging this up, improving it, and sending it to me.
All of the above applies to the songs sources from the video. But in October 2026, I found many more songs from some unknown soundboard source. These generally sound better so I didn't have to do as much editing work on them.
I have yet to find a definitive list of all the songs that were played in this concert. However, a person named Steve Combs did a lot of research on this concert, trying to find mentions from newspaper articles and other sources about which songs were performed and who played on each. I used his research to put together the song order. Even his research is incomplete. But, from that, I was able to find yet more songs that were played and we still don't have any recordings for.
So here is a special song list of the songs here, plus ones still missing. The unnumbered songs with dashes in front of them are the ones that are still missing. Note that some of the ones on the bootleg I found weren't included on the list made by Steve Combs, suggesting there probably are still more songs we don't even know about.
But from what we do know, it seems Emmylou Harris and Little Feat were particularly unlucky. We only have recordings of one of three songs from Harris's set, and one out of five songs from Little Feat's set, although the concert did end with three more Little Feat songs, which we do have.
01 Tears, Tears and More Tears (Nicolette Larson with the Tower of Power)
- Lotta Love (Nicolette Larson with the Tower of Power)
- Trouble (Nicolette Larson with the Tower of Power)
02 Rhumba Girl [Rhumba Man] (Nicolette Larson & Linda Ronstadt with the Tower of Power)
- Don't Break My Heart (Nicolette Larson with, Michael McDonald, Pat Simmons & the Tower of Power)
- Two More Bottles (Emmylou Harris)
03 Here, There and Everywhere (Emmylou Harris)
- Love Hurts (Emmylou Harris & Linda Ronstadt)
- Time Loves a Hero (Little Feat)
- Tripe Face Boogie (Little Feat)
- Old Folks Boogie (Little Feat with Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt & Nicolette Larson)
04 Oh Atlanta [Edit] (Little Feat with Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt & Nicolette Larson)
- Rock and Roll Doctor (Little Feat)
- I Thank You (Bonnie Raitt)
- Standing by the Same Old Love (Bonnie Raitt)
05 Angel from Montgomery (Bonnie Raitt)
06 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
07 About to Make Me Leave Home (Bonnie Raitt)
08 Runaway (Bonnie Raitt with Michael McDonald)
09 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
10 Under the Falling Sky (Bonnie Raitt with Jackson Browne, Michael McDonald & Rosemary Butler)
11 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
12 Running on Empty (Jackson Browne with Rosemary Butler & Doug Haywood)
13 For a Dancer [Edit] (Jackson Browne)
14 talk (Jackson Browne)
15 Walking Slow [Edit] (Jackson Browne with the Tower of Power)
16 talk (Jackson Browne)
17 Your Bright Baby Blues (Jackson Browne)
18 talk (Jackson Browne)
19 Here Come Those Tears Again (Jackson Browne with Rosemary Butler)
20 talk (Jackson Browne)
21 Love Needs a Heart (Jackson Browne)
22 talk (Jackson Browne)
23 Peace Divine (Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther & Linda Ronstadt)
24 talk (Linda Ronstadt)
25 The Shoop Shoop Song [It's in His Kiss] (Linda Ronstadt & Nicolette Larson)
26 talk (Linda Ronstadt)
27 Rescue Me [Edit] (Linda Ronstadt)
- Just One Look (Linda Ronstadt)
28 Poor, Poor Pitiful Me (Linda Ronstadt with Nicolette Larson)
29 Blowin' Away (Linda Ronstadt & Bonnie Raitt)
30 All That You Dream (Linda Ronstadt with Nicolette Larson & Rosemary Butler)
31 Willin' (Linda Ronstadt with Emmylou Harris, Rosemary Butler & Nicolette Larson)
32 Dixie Chicken (Little Feat & Everyone)
This album is and hour and 37 minutes long.
Here's the usual song list, consisting of just the ones actually included here:
01 Tears, Tears and More Tears (Nicolette Larson with the Tower of Power)
02 Rhumba Girl [Rhumba Man] (Nicolette Larson & Linda Ronstadt with the Tower of Power)
03 Here, There and Everywhere (Emmylou Harris)
04 Oh Atlanta [Edit] (Little Feat with Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt & Nicolette Larson)
05 Angel from Montgomery (Bonnie Raitt)
06 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
07 About to Make Me Leave Home (Bonnie Raitt)
08 Runaway (Bonnie Raitt with Michael McDonald)
09 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
10 Under the Falling Sky (Bonnie Raitt with Jackson Browne, Michael McDonald & Rosemary Butler)
11 talk (Bonnie Raitt)
12 Running on Empty (Jackson Browne with Rosemary Butler & Doug Haywood)
13 For a Dancer [Edit] (Jackson Browne)
14 talk (Jackson Browne)
15 Walking Slow [Edit] (Jackson Browne with the Tower of Power)
16 talk (Jackson Browne)
17 Your Bright Baby Blues (Jackson Browne)
18 talk (Jackson Browne)
19 Here Come Those Tears Again (Jackson Browne with Rosemary Butler)
20 talk (Jackson Browne)
21 Love Needs a Heart (Jackson Browne)
22 talk (Jackson Browne)
23 Peace Divine (Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther & Linda Ronstadt)
24 talk (Linda Ronstadt)
25 The Shoop Shoop Song [It's in His Kiss] (Linda Ronstadt & Nicolette Larson)
26 talk (Linda Ronstadt)
27 Rescue Me [Edit] (Linda Ronstadt)
28 Poor, Poor Pitiful Me (Linda Ronstadt with Nicolette Larson)
29 Blowin' Away (Linda Ronstadt & Bonnie Raitt)
30 All That You Dream (Linda Ronstadt with Nicolette Larson & Rosemary Butler)
31 Willin' (Linda Ronstadt with Emmylou Harris, Rosemary Butler & Nicolette Larson)
32 Dixie Chicken (Little Feat & Everyone)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/roHWDUv2
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/BHOkn5WVi26Ilw3/file
I had difficulty finding any decent photographs from this concert. There's an entire video of it on YouTube, as mentioned above, but the image quality is very low-res. I eventually found one image I was okay with, which I used as the cover. From right to left, it shows Nicolette Larson, Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther, and Linda Ronstadt. Souther's prominent role is a bit ironic, since he doesn't feature in the actual music here, due to whatever songs he was in not making it to the video. It kind of looks like I edited the photo to squish everyone close together, but in fact that's how it was in the original.
The image was still in pretty poor shape, so I tried to use the Krea AI program to improve it. But I could only do so much, so it's still rough. I also couldn't change the lighting that turned most everything orange, though I tried to make it more colorful.

Here's the link to a Facebook page with the song list made by Steve Combs that I discussed:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10215557457287355