Saturday, October 3, 2026

Paul McCartney - BBC Sessions, Volume 6: In Concert, Liverpool Sound, Anfield, Liverpool, Britain, 6-1-2008

I've posted a bunch of BBC concerts by Paul McCartney. However, I had missed this one until recently. I've posted another one that takes place after this, in 2013. That one had been "BBC Sessions, Volume 5," but I've changed it to "Volume 6." If you want to get the renamed version, here's the link:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2024/01/paul-mccartney-bbc-sessions-volume-5-in.html

As any serious Beatles fan knows, McCartney and the other three Beatles were all born and raised in Liverpool, England. As a solo act, McCartney didn't perform in Liverpool that much. But he returned for this concert in 2008 to help celebrate Liverpool's official designation as the "European Capitol of Culture" for that year. About 36,000 people attended the sold out show.

The Zutons and Kaiser Chiefs were the opening acts. McCartney was introduced by comedian Peter Kay. I liked Kay's funny intro, so I've included that here. McCartney was joined by Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters for three songs. McCartney also introduced a new song that he didn't put on any of his studio albums, "In Liverpool." Not only was this the first time he played this song in public, so far it's the only time. 

The music here is unreleased. The sound quality is excellent. 

This album is an hour and 51 minutes long.

01 talk by Peter Kay (Paul McCartney)
02 Hippy Hippy Shake (Paul McCartney)
03 Jet (Paul McCartney)
04 Drive My Car (Paul McCartney)
05 Flaming Pie (Paul McCartney)
06 Got to Get You into My Life (Paul McCartney)
07 Let Me Roll It (Paul McCartney)
08 My Love (Paul McCartney)
09 C Moon (Paul McCartney)
10 The Long and Winding Road (Paul McCartney)
11 Dance Tonight (Paul McCartney)
12 Bourree in E Minor - Blackbird (Paul McCartney)
13 Calico Skies (Paul McCartney)
14 In Liverpool (Paul McCartney)
15 I'll Follow the Sun (Paul McCartney)
16 Eleanor Rigby (Paul McCartney)
17 Something (Paul McCartney)
18 Penny Lane (Paul McCartney)
19 Band on the Run (Paul McCartney with Dave Grohl)
20 Back in the U.S.S.R. (Paul McCartney with Dave Grohl)
21 Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney)
22 Let It Be (Paul McCartney)
23 Hey Jude (Paul McCartney)
24 Yesterday (Paul McCartney)
25 A Day in the Life (Paul McCartney)
26 Give Peace a Chance (Paul McCartney)
27 Lady Madonna (Paul McCartney)
28 I Saw Her Standing There (Paul McCartney with Dave Grohl)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/HHaEJq4u

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/en/f4MZ4MGSEP1X7DC/file

The cover image is from this exact concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment