Monday, February 13, 2023

Various Artists - Bill McClintock Mash-Ups, Volume 4: 2021-2022

This is the fourth and last of my volumes of Bill McClintock mash-ups. But since I made these four albums a month or two ago (around the start of 2023), McClintock already has posted two new mash-ups. So hopefully there will be enough material for a fifth volume by the end of 2023.

This is just more of what's on the previous volumes, so if you like those, you'll like this too. If anything, McClintock has been getting more skilled with his mash-ups as he keeps going.

Just to review in case you've missed those previous volumes, this isn't music performed by McClintock. Instead, he takes two, or sometimes three, songs, and mashes them together. The first song is a good example, where there are parts of both "Rock Steady" by Aretha Franklin and "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith in roughly equal measure, but mashed together to create something new.

As I mentioned before, he often likes to mash something from a heavy metal or hard rock group with something totally different, but that's not always the case. One extreme musical clash is the mash-up of the new wave hit "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor with a Merle Haggard country song, "Goodbye Comes Hard for Me." How is it possible those fit together?! I don't know, but somehow they do.

This album is an hour and four minutes long.

01 Rock Emotion [Rock Steady vs. Sweet Emotion] (Aretha Franklin vs. Aerosmith)
02 Funktonite [Kryptonite vs. Do it Any Way You Wanna] (3 Discos Down vs/ People's Choice)
03 Your Jumpin' Heart [Your Cheatin' Heart vs. Jump] (Hank Williams Jr. vs. Van Halen)
04 She's a Trooper [Maniac vs. The Trooper] (Michael Sembello vs. Iron Maiden)
05 Ten Seconds to Run [Ten Seconds to Love vs. Nowhere to Run] (Motley Crue vs. Martha and the Vandellas)
06 You Make Me Feel Sad but True [You Make Me Feel like Dancing vs. Sad but True] (Leo Sayer vs. Metallica)
07 Holy Mary Jane [Mary Jane vs. Holy Diver] (Rick James vs. Dio)
08 Strokin' More than a Feeling [Strokin' vs. More than a Feeling] (Clarence Carter vs. Boston)
09 Eye of the Haggard [Eye of the Tiger vs. Goodbye Comes Hard for Me] (Survivor vs. Merle Haggard)
10 Hey Baby, Am I Black or White [Hey Baby vs. Black or White] (Ted Nugent vs. Michael Jackson)
11 Electric Sex Machine [Electric Eye vs. Sex Machine] (James Priest vs. James Brown)
12 Mutiny at the Go-Go [Going to a Go-Go vs/ Mutiny on the World] (Smokey Robinson & the Miracles vs. the Armored Saint)
13 Land Down One-der [Land Down Under vs. One] (Men at Work vs. Metallica)
14 Look Again [Do It Again vs. Looks That Kill] (Steely Dan vs. Motley Crue)
15 Master of the Neutron Dance of Destruction [Neutron Dance vs. Symphony of Destruction] (Pointer Sisters vs. Megadeth)
16 Super Rock Hard [Super Freak vs. Rock Hard, Ride Free] (Rick James vs. Judas Priest)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15602544/BillMcC_2021-2022_MashsVolum4_atse.zip.html

As with the previous volumes, the cover uses a logo from Bill McClintock's YouTube page, plus a photo of him I added in the middle of it. I used a different background color to help differentiate it from the previous volume.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for volume 4, although I'm surprised that this is the last so far, as I stll have about 44 mash ups that are not in Vols 1 to 4. Some may not be up to scratch but I cant believe there is no room fo Ace Of Shout, the Isley Brothers/Motorhead mashup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only included the ones I liked. But I'll admit I may have missed some good ones. If you want to send me some that you think are worthy of inclusion, I'll take a listen and reevaluate.

      Delete
  2. As others have said, I don't know whether it's genius or madness, probably both, but you can not take that away from him: genuinely inspired.

    "Land Down One-Der" is amazing, how the lyric bits of Metallica are answered by the flute, absolutely seamless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself both admiring the workmanship, but vomitously disgusted by it too...I think McClintock has broken me LOL

      Delete
  3. Gotta say, "Jump" and "Eye Of the Tiger" re-imagined as country ballads are something I never knew I needed...but I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I almost said something about "Jump" in my comments as well, cos that's equally brilliant.

      Delete
  4. I don't know why, but when I was listening to Look Again, I swear I heard it before, yet when I go back over the previous three volumes, it's not there, and even looking through my other mashups in my CV, nope, so I shrug my shoulders...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These should be in chronological order of when he posted them, so it's unlikely one of them appears twice.

      Delete
    2. LOL As I said, I swear I had heard it before, and I'm 99% sure I never even heard of him before you posted his work...I mean, as I sat here listening, I could 'see' [in my mind's ear] where it was going before it got there...odd AF 😏

      Delete
  5. Oh man...this shit is awesome. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this. I love the smashup concept!~

    ReplyDelete