Wednesday, October 23, 2019

David Bowie - BBC Sessions, Volume 1: 1967-1970

I've posted a bunch of Davie Bowie stray tracks albums. I've gone as far as I want to go with that, ending in the mid-1980s. Now, I want to start posting his BBC performances. There was an official double album called "Bowie at the Beeb." That was a great release, but unfortunately, it's incomplete. Thus, I felt a need to fix things.

This album is a case in point. Eight of the 14 songs on it are from "Bowie at the Beeb." When I first posted this, five other songs were unreleased, but four of those have since been released, so I've upgraded those.

On top of all that, I've added in non-BBC performances if they are of interesting songs and were played live on the TV or radio. There's only one such instance here. That's a performance of "Space Oddity" done at an awards show in Britain. I could be wrong, but I think it was the first time Bowie played a song on TV anywhere. It's the only performance here that's still unreleased.

The album is exactly an hour long. I have four more BBC albums to post, going through 1973, so you can see I'm including a lot of material not on the official release (which goes through 1972).

UPDATE: On November 21, 2021, I updated the mp3 download file. I was able to update the first three songs from an official release, as bonus tracks on a new version of the 1967 "David Bowie" album. Plus, the fourth song came out officially on the new archival album "Conversation Piece." I upgraded that one too.

01 Love You Till Tuesday (David Bowie)
02 When I Live My Dream (David Bowie)
03 Little Bombardier (David Bowie)
04 When I'm Five (David Bowie)
05 In the Heat of the Morning (David Bowie)
06 London Bye Ta-Ta (David Bowie)
07 Karma Man (David Bowie)
08 Silly Boy Blue (David Bowie)
09 Let Me Sleep Beside You (David Bowie)
10 Janine (David Bowie)
11 Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed (David Bowie)
12 Space Oddity (David Bowie)
13 I'm Waiting for the Man (David Bowie)
14 The Width of a Circle (David Bowie)
15 Wild Eyed Boy from Freecloud (David Bowie)
16 The Supermen (David Bowie)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15129405/DavidB_1967-1970_BBSessionsVolume1_atse.zip.html

I believe the cover art photo is from 1967. I don't know the exact source. I changed the colors a bit because the photo originally was bleached of colors, almost like a black and white photo. When I upped the color intensity it looked a lot better, but that made the background too drastically colored, so I dulled that some.

4 comments: