Friday, September 13, 2019

Norah Jones - Easy - Non-Album Tracks (2007-2008)

First off, note that when I first posted this album, I called it "Any Other Day." But I've made some major changes after finding a bunch of her songs that I'd overlooked, and the song "Any Other Day" was moved to a different album. Thus, I now have named it after another song, "Easy."

This is the tenth Norah Jones album I've posted, with many more to come  By now, I should probably have a kind of boilerplate notice for those who missed it on my earlier posts: don't judge Jones by what you've heard on the radio, or even by her studio albums. Her stray tracks are way more interesting and diverse.

I should note that, starting around this time, Jones began putting out side project albums that also have been more interesting and diverse than her usual studio albums. This album has fours song from her country group the Little Willies. I'm really glad that she keeps branching out and trying new things with side groups, but I also feel inevitably that the best things these groups do are the songs sung by Jones. There's just something about her voice that's special. So I'm only including the Jones-sung songs from those groups.

This album is 41 minutes long.

01 Roly Poly (Little Willies featuring Norah Jones)
02 Love Me (Little Willies featuring Norah Jones)
03 What Time You Comin' Home (Little Willies featuring Norah Jones)
04 The Story (Norah Jones)
05 Court and Spark (Herbie Hancock with Norah Jones)
06 My Blue Heaven (Norah Jones)
07 2 Men (Norah Jones)
08 American Anthem (Norah Jones)
09 Easy (Anoushka Shankar & Karsh Kale with Norah Jones)
10 Lovesick Blues (Little Willies featuring Norah Jones)
11 Blue Bayou (M. Ward & Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15848823/NorahJ_2006-2007_Esy_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo comes from a 2008 series of promo photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment