Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Elliott Smith - Sorry My Mistake - Non-Album Tracks (1998-1999)

Here's the next in my series of stray tracks albums for Elliott Smith.

This covers 1998 and 1999. From the start of his solo career through 1997, Smith was signed with a record company that, in retrospect, has released a lot of his material that went unreleased at the time, especially with the "New Moon" album. But from 1998 to the end of his career, it's been the opposite, with basically nothing else released since 2004. So that means there are a lot of excellent unreleased tracks here.

Smith was the kind of performer who wasn't afraid to play unreleased songs in concert. But only two songs here come from live shows. The rest are from B-sides or studio outtakes that somehow got bootlegged. Plus, there's a cover of a Beatles song ("Because") from a movie soundtrack.

By the way, the song "Some (Rock) Song" is the same song as "Some Song," which I put on the "Angels in the Snow" album. But it has a slightly different title due to this being the full band, rocking version.

This album is 35 minutes long.

01 How to Take a Fall (Elliott Smith)
02 Our Thing [Instrumental] (Elliott Smith)
03 Some [Rock] Song (Elliott Smith)
04 Brand New Game (Elliott Smith)
05 Cecilia-Amanda (Elliott Smith)
06 Grand Mal (Elliott Smith)
07 Taking a Fall (Elliott Smith)
08 Because (Elliott Smith)
09 Stained Glass Eyes (Elliott Smith)
10 Confidence Artist (Elliott Smith)
11 Flowers for Charlie (Elliott Smith)
12 Place Pigalle (Elliott Smith)
13 Sorry My Mistake [Edit] (Elliott Smith)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15260109/EllittS_1998-1999_SrryMyMistke_atse.zip.html


I made the cover from part of a 1999 Smith concert poster.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, you should keep albums to one title, and not have a subtitle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what you mean. This is just called "Sorry My Mistake." Where's the subtitle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in when you're tagging things in the mp3, its usually has like something else after the album title

      Delete
    2. Ah, I see. Yeah, sorry. That's how I record the info for all the mp3s in my collection. It's too late for me to change all that now.

      Delete
  3. I am only through the Elliott Smith but what I've heard so far, these are great! Thank you! (and PS: I appreciate your "subtitles" if that's what they are).

    ReplyDelete