Sunday, November 11, 2018

Van Morrison - Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA, 4-26-1970

A few days ago, I posted "Live in Boston 1968," a newly available recording of a legendary "lost" Van Morrison concert. It's gotten more attention than anything else I've posted at this blog so far, so I'm going to post some more great Morrison material while some of his fans are here.

I've already posted a series of mostly unreleased Morrison studio albums from 1969 to 1977 that any Morrison fan should check out. The sheer quantity and quality of his non-album material from that era is incredible. I still have more of his studio work from after 1977 to post, but I'm going to focus more on his live material from the early 1970s. I've created a series of compilations of his best live songs from that time.

However, before I get to posting that, I want to make sure every serious Morrison fan has three excellent shows from 1970 and 1971. In the live compilations I've made, I've been careful to avoid including any songs from these three shows, since they should be heard in their entirety.

Here's the first one, from the Fillmore West in San Francisco, in April 1970. The sound quality is excellent, as good as any officially released live album from that time, and the performance is just as great. Essentially, it's a live version of the classic "Moondance" album, released in January 1970. All but one of the ten songs on that album are played here. (The one that isn't, "Brand New Day," apparently wasn't played by him in concert until about 1973.) Add to that two songs from "Astral Weeks" and his 1967 hit "Brown Eyed Girl."

01 Moondance (Van Morrison)
02 Glad Tidings (Van Morrison)
03 Crazy Love (Van Morrison)
04 Come Running (Van Morrison)
05 The Way Young Lovers Do (Van Morrison)
06 Everyone (Van Morrison)
07 Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
08 And It Stoned Me (Van Morrison)
09 These Dreams of You (Van Morrison)
10 Caravan (Van Morrison)
11 Cyprus Avenue (Van Morrison)
12 Into the Mystic (Van Morrison)

https://www.imagenetz.de/ca8fV

The cover is the exact cover used on a bootleg of the show.

2 comments: