Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Georgie Fame - BBC Sessions, Volume 2 (1965-1966)

This is the second of three volumes of Georgie Fame playing for the BBC.

I've said most of what I want to say here in my comments about Volume 1. This is a very straightforward BBC collection. All of the songs are actual BBC studio sessions, and all of them are officially released, from the album "The Complete Live Broadcasts."

Also like Volume 1, and most of the BBC albums I've been posting here, there was a problem with BBC DJs talking over the intros and outros for some of the songs. In this case, there were six such songs (the ones with "[Edit]" in their names). But as I usually do, I used the X-Minus audio editing program to wipe out the talking while keeping the underlying music.

On a minor note, one song here, "Call Me," is a duet between Fame and Lulu. Since I've already posted three albums of Lulu at the BBC, I put that exact same performance on one of those.

This album is 43 minutes long.

01 Monkeying Around (Georgie Fame)
02 Something (Georgie Fame)
03 Ride Your Pony [Edit] (Georgie Fame)
04 The World Is Round [Edit] (Georgie Fame)
05 My Girl (Georgie Fame)
06 Boot-leg [Instrumental] (Georgie Fame)
07 Sweet Thing (Georgie Fame)
08 Funny How Time Slips Away (Georgie Fame)
09 See-Saw [Edit] (Georgie Fame)
10 Call Me (Georgie Fame & Lulu)
11 Get Away (Georgie Fame)
12 Last Night [Instrumental] [Edit] (Georgie Fame)
13 Close the Door [Edit] (Georgie Fame)
14 Sunny (Georgie Fame)
15 Dawn Yawn (Georgie Fame)
16 Lovey Dovey [Edit] (Georgie Fame) 

https://www.upload.ee/files/15116178/GeorgieF_1965-1966_BBSessionsVolume2_atse.zip.html

The album cover photo was taken at the Flamingo Club in London in 1965.

1 comment: