Saturday, May 11, 2019

The White Stripes - Conquest - Non-Album Tracks (2007-2008)

This is the fifth and last album of stray tracks for the White Stripes that I've made. Generally speaking, there's one of these for each studio album they put out. This one corresponds with 2007's "Icky Thump."

It's nice how so often I manage to bundle stray tracks like these into coherent collections that fit into one album's length of music, which I would consider roughly 35 to 50 minutes long. But it doesn't always happen that way. In this case, there's really only 22 minutes of White Stripes music. That's more like an EP than an album.

I've managed to flesh that out a bit by adding three Jack White solo songs from 2008 and 2009 that don't fit anywhere else. (He was fully involved with his new band the Reconteurs at that time. His first solo album wouldn't be released until 2012.) Even with those songs, it's still rather short at 32 minutes. But I'd rather keep it short than pad it out with lesser material.

The heart of this album are the first four songs, which make up the "Conquest" EP, released in 2008. The song "Conquest" is a cover made famous by Patti Page in the 1950s. A version of that appears on the "Icky Thump" album. But this is the "acoustic mariachi" version. I believe all the other songs on this album are originals.

Although this is my last album of White Stripes stray tracks, I do have one more album of theirs to post, which is a collection of acoustic versions of their songs. I'll post that some other time.

01 Conquest [Acoustic Mariachi Version] (White Stripes)
02 It's My Fault for Being Famous (White Stripes)
03 Cash Grab Complications on the Matter (White Stripes)
04 Honey, We Can't Afford to Look This Cheap (White Stripes)
05 Baby Brother (White Stripes)
06 Tennessee Border (White Stripes)
07 White Moon [Solo Piano Version] (White Stripes)
08 I Fought Piranhas [Solo Electric Version] (Jack White)
09 Another Way to Die (Jack White & Alicia Keys)
10 Fly Farm Blues (Jack White)

https://www.imagenetz.de/gTjft

I believe at least three different covers were made for the "Conquest" EP. I picked the one I like the best. I didn't make any changes to it. The White Stripes apparently made the decision not to mention their band name on the cover, so I've stuck with that.

2 comments:

  1. There's also Alicia Keys & Jack White - Another Way To Die


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5UJvnbbuY

    ReplyDelete