Thursday, May 2, 2019

Richard Thompson - Real Gone - Non-Album Acoustic Tracks (1986-1988)

I just posted one Richard Thompson album; here's another. I'm posting two because they're kind of companion albums to each other. The one I just posted has full-band stray tracks from the late 1980s, while this one is all acoustic stray tracks.

This album has a lot of songs on it, fifteen, but it only totals up to 45 minutes. That's because it has lots of short but sweet songs. Nearly all of them are cover versions. One exception is "Killerman Gold Posse," a song from the 1987 album "Live, Love, Larf & Loaf" by French, Frith, Kaiser & Thompson.

All but three of the songs here are officially unreleased. Luckily, Thompson is famous enough so that there are a decent number of soundboard bootlegs from this time period. As a result, the sound quality is generally excellent.

This album is 45 minutes long.

01 Don't Tell Secrets (Richard Thompson)
02 Sally Rackett [Hand 'Em Away] (Richard Thompson)
03 The Fool (Richard Thompson)
04 Killerman Gold Posse (Richard Thompson)
05 Air for Morris Ogg - Mrs. MacLeod's Reel [Instrumental] (Richard Thompson)
06 Here without You (Richard Thompson with Gregson & Collister)
07 It'll Be Me (Richard Thompson)
08 Wild Thing (Richard Thompson)
09 Candy Man (Richard Thompson)
10 She's a Real Gone Gal (Richard Thompson)
11 Heebie Jeebies (Richard Thompson)
12 Push and Shove (Richard Thompson)
13 Not Fade Away (Richard Thompson)
14 Teenage Partner (Richard Thompson)
15 As I Roved Out (Richard Thompson)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15268262/RichrdT_1986-1989_RealGneAcoustc_atse.zip.html

I found a photo of Thompson that I like for the cover art, but unfortunately it doesn't have any identifying information. However, from his appearances I figure it's from the late 1980s.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting back to Richard Thompson! He's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. As I keep saying, I've got a ton of his stuff to post. Basically, look at what I did with Richard and Linda Thompson. I have stuff like that for the entire rest of Richard's career.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I just fixed the link. I updated the volume balance between songs while I was at it.

      Delete