Saturday, May 4, 2019

Joan Osborne - Under the Covers, Volume 2 (1992-1993)

Here's the second of three albums I've made of Joan Osborne doing covers of famous songs in the 1990s.

Osborne is best known for her hit "One of Us" in 1995, but she's much, much more than a one-hit wonder. Frankly, she's just a good songwriter, but she's got tons of soul and has a phenomenal voice, so she really shines when she does covers of famous songs.

As I explained with Volume 1, this is based on a bootleg compilation I'd discovered named "Under the Covers." But I made my own version from scratch because most of the songs on that were from average sounding audience bootlegs. Nearly all the songs here are from excellent soundboard bootlegs instead.

In my opinion, Osborne not only has a great voice, she has great taste in music. Just about all the songs here are classics. Some of the lesser known ones are "Moonlight Mile" by the Rolling Stones, "Midnight in Memphis" done by Bette Midler, and "His Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles" by Captain Beefheart.

01 Tupelo Honey (Joan Osborne)
02 Maggie May (Joan Osborne)
03 Moonlight Mile (Joan Osborne)
04 Hickory Wind [Acappella Version] (Joan Osborne)
05 Don't Let Me Down (Joan Osborne)
06 Angel from Montgomery [Acappella Version] (Joan Osborne)
07 I'll Go Crazy (Joan Osborne)
08 Get Ready (Joan Osborne)
09 Midnight in Memphis (Joan Osborne)
10 I Can't Stand the Rain (Joan Osborne)
11 His Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles (Joan Osborne)
12 Take Me to the River (Joan Osborne)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15847059/JoanO_1992-1993_UndrCovrsVolume2_atse.zip.html

The cover is based on a photo of Osborne singing at The Wetlands, a New York City club, in 1993.

3 comments:

  1. File has expired. Any chance of a reup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just fixed it. I also fixed the volume balance between songs for this one, as well as volumes 1 and 3.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all three volumes. I've been enjoying a bunch of your collections recently including Maria McKee, Larkin Poe, Sharon Jones & Richard Thompson.

    ReplyDelete